• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Bug Sinusbot causes hundreds of close_wait connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

m8rm

Hi! I'm using the newest Sinusbot version with TS 3.0.18.2 on Linux.

Like mentioned in the title there're hundreds of such close_wait connections after awhile. They reset upon restarting the bot or until the bot crashes (it's going to happen eventually after a certain amount of close_wait). I don't have the log anymore, sorry. I also found this post mentioning that the IP is the server to check if there's an update.
IIRC, it started when I updated to the latest version.

Code:
~$ netstat -ton | grep CLOSE_WAIT
tcp       32      0 server_ip:39839        104.18.41.220:443       CLOSE_WAIT  off (0.00/0/0)
tcp       32      0 server_ip:34121        104.18.40.220:443       CLOSE_WAIT  off (0.00/0/0)
etc

2GaHM9n.png

Attachments

• netstat4z.1month.png
    netstat4z.1month.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
yup, can confirm the issue.
flyth is looking into it :)

martindines

Hello all!

I've had an instance of Sinusbot running for ~30 days without issue. Today the instance went offline with following reason logged: Could not prepare listeners: too many open files

Running `lsof -u sinusbot` shows many (literally hundreds?!) of listeners to 104.18.41.220 and 104.18.40.220. I found another user post on the forum, related to the previously mentioned IPs, which points towards the autoupdater https://forum.sinusbot.com/threads/sinusbot-rootkit.3441/

Restarting the sinusbot service resolves the issue, but I'm wondering how this occurred, and how to prevent this going forward?

Please find attached output of `lsof -u sinusbot`

Cheers

Attachments

• 20170804-lsof-sinusbot.txt
    140.7 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.