• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

problem running

Status
Not open for further replies.

babak2010

Operating System: Linux
SinusBot Version: 0.9.x
TS3 Version: 3.x.x

Problem Description
Code:
could not contact update server !

ok i have a teamspeak server on local LAN network [without internet access caz security reasons] on my office , so for rest time i decide to add some interesting music bot for my staff . but when i did this "su sinusbot -c "./sinusbot" it say could not contact update server !
how i can disable it or change it to localhost ? if its not possible so is there any version of sinusbot without this feature ?

Floflobel

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Sinusbot work with internet acces. If you don't have internet access you can't launch a bot .. Sorry

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
afaik there is no offline version of the bot atm, sorry :/

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
its bad , caz some country use https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intranet so they cant access internet . then sinusbot.com will lose their users . not good idea at all.
If a country can't access the "Internet" then how did they know or let alone getting the Sinusbot in the first place?

AFAIK I'm in the "Internet" now and Sinusbot has no big reseller shop chain in any countries.

Or flyth didn't told us all.....

babak2010

If a country can't access the "Internet" then how did they know or let alone getting the Sinusbot in the first place?

AFAIK I'm in the "Internet" now and Sinusbot has no big reseller shop chain in any countries.

Or flyth didn't told us all.....
I mean vps with "I n t r a n e t" access , yes sure we can buy a vps with "i n t e r n e t" access but then we will get ddos every second so we choose intranet becaz only people with our country ip can join our ts so nobody can ddos us with internet vps , just they can ddos us with intranet vps if they do ddos with that then ISP get ban their vps so nobody do this. you need to read this first to understand what I said : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intranet

Last edited:

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
As stated before we don't provide support for servers that don't have Internet access.
The issue that you mentioned could be solved by either:
  1. Hosting outside of your country / choosing a Hoster that has good Infrastructure
  2. Using a server with Internet access and a properly configured Firewall or some kind of DDOS protection

Status
Not open for further replies.