• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Add MySQL support

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtrex

Donor
is awesome!
+1 I was about to write the same.
Is there any way to use a database by now?

I'd like to save a lot of data and make queries on it. A key/value storage isn't suitable for that.

Methods I'm aware of:
  • Sinusbots setVar()and getVar() methods
  • AJAX-Requests to a webapp that can access a database

Last edited:

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
MySQL support would be nice to store lists of users/groups, playlists, music (youtube links), and whatever else is possible. And it would definitely be easier imo for scripts to use this instead. A database under the name of "sinusbot" for example could have tables for each script prefixed with a unique name for the script.

Take ZT Support Channel for ex (zent_supporter, zent_channels) and other info that could be needed. Private Channels can keep track of users and what not (privchan_groups, privchan_channels)

mtrex

Donor
is awesome!
Yeah it's "easy" to use HTTP-calls, but they add an additional layer to the bot that needs to be maintained.
It wouldn't be as easy as it is to share plugins, if they require a specific webserver, configuration or other dependencies to access a database.

In my eyses the easiest solution regarding dependancies/installation for beginners would be if sinusbot would feature a database-wrapper and a built-in SQLite-database. Most plugins could just use the database like kanalumaddela outlined and sophisticated users could later on use other databases like MariaDB or MySQL if the plugin or amount of data really requires that.

But I see that this is a rather complex feature request ;)

sync667

Insider
Insider
MySQL support could fix my script problems, but don't think that @flyth have time to add that. Of course if sinusbot use sqllite now is not hard thing. I have an idea because I need that much now and this would help a lot in my panel development I will give it a try. I will do it too ways for beginners so they could just type mysql auth data and connect to it by php framework on my servers in ssl and second way that users could download framework and put it on own server. Second possibility is that we could do database too so users don't need own server at all and store data on our secure servers. We have a lot of resources so it won't be a problem.

I will start diging into this topic but you could help me about with data should be stored. About scripts they could use mysql support script as am API to store data instead of servar etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.