• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN Anti Proxy,

Status
Not open for further replies.

algebrra

Not sure but I was looking around for a anti proxy for teamspeak. I was not able to find one.
This should be fairly easy no? Use an API to detect whether a clients IP is a proxy. and if it then perm ban..
Example of API
https://iphub.info/

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Not sure but I was looking around for a anti proxy for teamspeak. I was not able to find one.
This should be fairly easy no? Use an API to detect whether a clients IP is a proxy. and if it then perm ban..
Example of API

Why the hell instantly a Perm Bann? Not all who using a VPN are trolls or DDoS Kids, but i agree some times such users are a problem. But you should block the IP Range directly on Iptables ;)

algebrra

Why the hell instantly a Perm Bann? Not all who using a VPN are trolls or DDoS Kids, but i agree some times such users are a problem. But you should block the IP Range directly on Iptables ;)
Well, whats the point of a AntiProxy if I am only tempbanning. But I guess you could make it customizable.

Am4n

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Well you could just kick them until they disable the Proxy

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Well, whats the point of a AntiProxy if I am only tempbanning. But I guess you could make it customizable.

I don't know it out of the box, but i think a list with ip ranges from free VPN providers existing. You could simply block / bann the IP's from such VPN/Free VPN provider's to keep the fuckers out :D :rolleyes:
If i think about it its maybe however a good idea with the Bot possible solution:

The Bot matches the User IP on connect again'st such a list and KIcks or the Bot Manages the Banlist from Teamspeak and add's automaticly IP's from this list to the Banlist.

algebrra

Im not asking for a AntiVPN im asking for a AntiProxy, IP ranges cant fix this.
My server is to big to keep kicking people

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
Permabanning on the first connect is pretty harsh. It should go like this:

1st connect on proxy: kick with reason
2nd connect on proxy: 1 min ban with reason
3rd connect on proxy: Permaban

Then the script can have an option to set ignored client ids or ignored teamspeak group ids, so trusted staff for example don't have to worry about this. Or the other way around where the script checks users of certain groups such as Guest and Normal. It would be cool if sinusbot had this feature, but it has to be well balanced and fair.

Also, doesn't teamspeak have the option to create ban rules based off of IPs? There's the option for wildcard and regex.
ts ban rule creation.png

algebrra

Permabanning on the first connect is pretty harsh. It should go like this:

1st connect on proxy: kick with reason
2nd connect on proxy: 1 min ban with reason
3rd connect on proxy: Permaban

Then the script can have an option to set ignored client ids or ignored teamspeak group ids, so trusted staff for example don't have to worry about this. Or the other way around where the script checks users of certain groups such as Guest and Normal. It would be cool if sinusbot had this feature, but it has to be well balanced and fair.

Also, doesn't teamspeak have the option to create ban rules based off of IPs? There's the option for wildcard and regex.
View attachment 647
I cant create ban rules when they are using different VPNS
and proxies. Litteraly impossible to range ban

Status
Not open for further replies.