• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Backing up normal SinusBot data to a dockerized instance?

pvntsu

Hey there.

Look at the thread title, I'm currently having issues trying to figure out how to backup my normal bot data to a dockerized instance.
Could anyone help me out? I've pointed the volumes of the docker instance to the folders containing all stuff from the normal bot - it's not making use of that.

Greetz.

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
[...] backup my normal bot data to a dockerized instance.
By that you mean migrating a previously outside-of-docker installation now into docker? That wouldn't be a backup then technically. ;)

pvntsu

I'm running the docker-compose script in /home/sinusdocker and the sinusbot files are in a copied directory over at /opt/sinusbot2 - I linked the directories in the docker-compose.yml accordingly.

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Normally you can just copy the bot's folder and copy it. With the right permissions it will work on any another system, so it should be the same with docker... are you sure, permssions are set up properly?

pvntsu

The permissions are indeed set-up properly - otherwise the bot wouldn't even start in the docker container.
It's just not using the data that is already existing in the directory. If I were to start it from the directory itself (without docker) it'd run just fine.

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Not 100% familiar with the docker version, but prolly you have to edit the path in the config.ini accordingly.
I assume it's maybe taking /opt/sinusbot/... still instead of the /opt/sinusbot2/... ?

pvntsu

The config was indeed set to /opt/sinusbot but changing it didn't affect the docker instance either - once again started up as a blank bot instance.