• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

-bash ./sinusbot: permission denied (admin)

Patschi

Head of troll department / Xuxe dominator
Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Insider
Execute this command first, this should help:
Code:
chmod +x sinusbot

Lordiablo

Thanks a lot...
I executed this
chmod +x sinusbot
./sinusbot --override-password "password"

and output is
2018/01/11 09:48:42 The bot will not run as root-user.

I am a new user of this bot, I downloaded it 10 minutes ago and I got this problem, and now I got another one:
I have new password... but what is the username?

DesertFade

Insider
Insider
Hey,

@Lordiablo Dude ... did you run the bot as ROOT user of your linux system?

The standard username for the admin-account at the webinterface login is "admin".

Greetings

DesertFade

Insider
Insider
@Lordiablo

You can't run the bot with the ROOT user because of security issues.

Create a new user with "adduser <name>" (without < and >, follow the instructions),
use "chown <name>:<name> <directoryFromYourSinusBot>" to give the user the permissions for the sinusbot-files.
Than switch to this user with "su <name>".
Execute the command "./sinusbot", if you like that the SinusBot runs after you exit your SSH Terminal too, use this command instead: "screen -S sinusbot ./sinusbot" (you have to install screen if you dont have it with "apt-get install screen" (only tested on Debian))

If you like to stop the sinusbot if you opened it with "screen", you have to execute "screen -X quit" (you have to switch to the musicbot user to execute the command)

Greetings

Lordiablo

This is the screenshot, I wrote right password, and if "admin" is the standar username it should works

Attachments

• image.PNG
    image.PNG
    7.3 KB · Views: 41

Lordiablo

I don't think that on a remote client "screen" works, anyways I executed ./sinusbot start as the new user and the output is strange.
./sinusbot: error while loading shared libraries: libswresample.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory;
I am cursed, everything that i do doesn't work.

Last edited:

Lordiablo

When I execute commands as root...

The bot will not run as root-user.

When I execute commands as others user...

Permission denied

or

Could not open /tmp/.sinusbot.lock. Is SinusBot already running?

(but it's not running)

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
If you don't have enough experience with linux to be able to install the sinusbot yourself just use the sinusbot installer, it does everything for you.

Lordiablo

You say Right, I am new with linux... at the start I used script for install bot and it sent me errors, I reinstalled it manually and it sent me errors.
Then... I can confirm my thesis: I am cursed, each thing that I want to do doesnt work.

Attachments

• Iamcursed.PNG
    Iamcursed.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 22

Lordiablo

A new problem born now! after that I reinstalled it I found a few problems that I solved in solo, but I a blocked here... after that I gave permissions to all directory I always get this error when I start it

Attachments

• Iamcursedv.2.PNG
    Iamcursedv.2.PNG
    29 KB · Views: 17