Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Bot causes high CPU load and TS server starts pinging 2000+

TheSinusBotOfTeo997

Donor
is awesome!
Just as the title says,
i am running both ts3 server and sinusbot in docker containers, i updated to the latest beta10 of linux on debian and started with a fresh install to be sure.
Whenever i start a bot CPU spikes up because of its ts3client and the whole server starts lagging (even though the bot connects correctly and all works, well, before the whole VPS crashes)
any ideas?

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Since you give very little details about your actual server, we can't do more than guess.... too little RAM?
What do you mean by "the whole VPS crashes"?

TheSinusBotOfTeo997

Donor
is awesome!
Yeah sorry about that, i didn't give details because the bot has been running for 3+ years on this same vps, so it was obvious to me to run it.
My VPS has 4gb of ram and i've always run sinusbot, but this time as i wrote, if i start a single bot the ping spikes up and all gets overloaded and i also lose ssh access until i force reboot, that's what i meant with the whole vps crash.

What i've seen in the seconds before the crash, from top is that ts3client as soon as it's started uses the whole CPU (1vCore) and probably that's why all crashes.

TheSinusBotOfTeo997

Donor
is awesome!
I quickly checked and looks like it's 3.5.0, keep in mind that i pulled the official docker image so that's the one bundled with it
Thanks for the support
(according to sinusbot/docker:latest, edit: added details)

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
=== Client Release 3.5.1 - 23 Mar 2020
  • Fixed a crash on startup
  • Disabled playback AGC for clients sending from an Opus Music channel
Pretty sure you're expiriencing that crash, when you're using 3.5.0.
So using either 3.3.2 or 3.5.1 could fix it.

But so far I don't see any reason to go beyond 3.3.2 ... can only cause problems.

TheSinusBotOfTeo997

Donor
is awesome!
Pretty sure you're expiriencing that crash, when you're using 3.5.0.
So using either 3.3.2 or 3.5.1 could fix it.

But so far I don't see any reason to go beyond 3.3.2 ... can only cause problems.
Honestly, i don't think this is a solution.
But in such case, how am i supposed to update the ts client inside the docker image? I thought the docker image was just ready and shipped to be working: i haven't chosen to go beyond 3.3.2, this is just what was in the official sinusbot/docker:latest.

Also it's not crashing since the bot connects, just the whole VPS crashes because of the excessive CPU usage caused by its ts3client.

Another test i did was to spawn locally a container on a virtual machine running debian and then connecting it to my live teamspeak server, it worked. The same exact setup just does not work on the vps using the same images.

Last edited:

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
You should be able to pull the one with the 3.3.2 version with the tag docker pull sinusbot/docker:1.0.0-beta.10-202ee4d
And as you're saying, the ts3 client is crashing, that's nothing which is in the responsibility of SinusBot.
If it's working on a different setup, that rather points the problem onto your setup running the new ts3-client. So please try it, so one can exclude 3.5.0 being the problem.

Still posting the log and the output of the diag-script wouldn't be too shabby either.

TheSinusBotOfTeo997

Donor
is awesome!
Ok so i pulled the 3.3.2 image successfully, but unfortunately the problem still occurs :/ so that said i would exclude ts3 3.5.0 being the problem.
Am i supposed to run the diag script inside the container or not? Because it does not have the required libraries to do that and i think running it outside the container does not make much sense...

Thank you really for helping me troubleshooting this

TheSinusBotOfTeo997

Donor
is awesome!
FOR AN UNKNOWN REASON, without changing anything i spawned a new container with the same image and now it simply works, without changing anything, still wondering what happened though.

olokos

Insider
Insider
I also want to mention that client 3.5.2 works perfectly fine with sinusbot 1.0.0-beta.10-202ee4d under ubuntu, I am not using docker but it shouldn't matter too much.