Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

[BUG] No Database refresh after renaming a file?

lemon

When I upload a file called disc.mp3, and then do !play disc, it obviously plays the file.

But when I rename the file to temp in the webinterface, upload another disc.mp3 and then do !play disc, it plays the file called temp, it even tells me it plays temp.
<21:44:15> "lemon": !play disc
<21:44:15> "NUDELBRUDER": Playing 03e24d temp

newest linux version
SinusBot 0.13.37-9791176

Last edited:

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Thanks for reporting. The original filename will always be used for the search as well, that's why it still gets found. I'm not too sure about changing that behavior as sometimes the tags of files are pretty messed up and the filename is the only chance to still find them...

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
As said, I'm unsure but open to suggestions / discussions :)

lemon

Well, maybe I guess this wrong, but my understanding is that when I upload a file it will get some random name (internal) and the real name linked to it in the database. When searching for a file with !play it searches the database, right?

So why search for the original name, and not the actual name?

maybe i think of this to easy... :D