Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Cannot access the webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pontuzz

Heya, i'm not sure if i am missing something or if i'm doing some thing wrong xD
Also not sure if it's been asked before, a quick search showed me one closed post, but i'm pretty sure i have the first part covered.
(Portforward's and what else)

Is it possible to access the bot website running on my dedicated server while on another computer? (same network)
I run the bot on the server (website works from the server computer http://127.0.0.1:8087/) but trying either "localhost:8087" or "domain.name:8087" from another computer in the network does not work (external doesn't work either)

I have other web applications like this one running on the server with other ports that work fine.

Thanks in advance

//Pontuzz

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Make sure the ListenHost is "0.0.0.0" - that basically means: listen on every IP-address.
Then find out the IP-Address of that machine and use http://thatip:8087 to access the bot.
(e.g. ifconfig on linux, ipconfig on windows)

127.0.0.1 is ALWAYS the host itself - that's true for every computer out there. So if you point the other computer to 127.0.0.1 it will try to access itself - which won't work since the bot isn't running there.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Also, please don't crosspost here and on Disqus. :)

Pontuzz

Yeah, my server has a domain name attached to it so when i said i connected to the domain name i meant the IP xD

Got it working by doing as you said and connecting straight to the IP but since i have a domain pointing to this server i'm unsure why using mydomainname.com:8087 isn't working since all i usually have to do for web plugins to work externally with my domain is to forward the port of the site to the server running it :eek:
And then connect with "mydomainname.com:xxxx"

- Below is my config file included. It's default so from the looks it is fine unless i am missing something.
Code:
TS3Path = "C:\\Server\\Teamspeak\\Sinusbot\\TeamSpeak 3 Client\\ts3client_win64.exe"
ListenHost = "0.0.0.0"
DataDir = ""
ListenPort = 8087
LocalPlayback = false
EnableLocalFS = false
LogLevel = 3
EnableProfiler = false
YoutubeDLPath = ""
EnableDebugConsole = false
UploadLimit = 83886080
RunAsUser = 0
RunAsGroup = 0
InstanceActionLimit = 6
UseSSL = false
SSLKeyFile = ""
SSLCertFile = ""
Hostname = ""
MTU = 1500
SampleInterval = 100
StartVNC = false
EnableMulticastMetadata = false
EnableWebStream = false
LogFile = ""
LicenseKey = "SVBaEeeyEBZetft7WCvN/rSJ5edyG7jdC7fH4rLYsmg="
EnableAloneMode = false

[StreamRewrites]

Also sorry about the crosspost xD Posted it before i realized i could make use of the forum "insert facepalm" haha
and thanks for your quick response!

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Domains just resolve to IP-Addresses; if your domain points to the correct IP-Address, you just have to add the port to the address. You can check the IP your domain points to e.g. by pinging it or with a fancy interface like this. Just enter your domain and click "resolve".

Pontuzz

Aye I know, which is why I'm baffled. The ip + port works for the website and the domain works for my TeamSpeak server other Web pages, game servers & connecting to the server it self. So the ip is pointed at the right direction, the port is set up to 8087 and pointing to the server under the domain where the bot is ran.
By all accounts it should work, but for some reason it doesn't :c

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
If you can connect to the bot via http://ip:8087 and your domain points to that IP, then using http://domain:8087 should work just as well. You could PM me the actual domain / IP if you want me to check.

Pontuzz

Think i solved it actually, the program did not have the proper firewall settings -_-" I was sure i double checked but i guess i should have tripplechecked. Bot is now working perfect!

Thanks a bunch for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.