• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Cannot start bot - Amazon Linux 2 - TSClient quit.

OMG_Abaddon

Hello, I've been trying to fix the bot for a week now, tried everything I could find, but haven't quite managed to get to the point of making the bot connect to my server, so I've decided it's time to ask. Before doing so I would like to state that while I was trying to install packages, the scripts didn't work. AL2 uses yum like CentOS but the packages are predominantly unavailable.

Here is my data:
  • SinusBot version: 1.0.0-beta.10-202ee4d
  • TS Client and Server version: 3.3.2 and 3.11.0 respectively
  • Hardware specs: Amazon EC2, xen virtualization. Feel free to ask for more details.
  • Instance log and bot log: https://pastebin.com/wQW1tupE - The only information present in the log is me changing permissions to channels, no sinusbot client trying to connect.
  • Config.ini: https://pastebin.com/9beYCU7u
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Frizzant

Contributor
That's a stab into the dark - but is it possible that libGL.so is missing? Try installing it to your linux machine.

OMG_Abaddon

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this didn't work.

So there is no log when libraries are missing, calls failed, etc.?

I am probably missing several different packages, since the tutorial assumes everyone has aptitude to work with packages, but AL2 uses yum instead, which has different repositories. The tutorial also doesn't explain what libraries I need, only what packages to install.

Any other ideas?

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Guess AL2 is similar to CentOS, which should be supported in a way, but there's always the chance things are different on other OS.
This is a dependency issue of the TS-Client. SinusBot just forwards the errors and stuff in the log from the client, which is originally not supposed to run in a non-GUI environment, so dependencies are more "to be found out" than well documented by TeamSpeak. :D

Code:
sudo yum install mesa-libGL
Should give you the package containing that library.

OMG_Abaddon

Thanks for the answer.

Code:
sudo yum install mesa-libGL

I already did that earlier when Frizzant suggested it, and it didn't work, the error is the same. If the bot really forwards the error to a TS3 on-screen message I understand it should also be logged somewhere, but it really is a pain to check those log files.

On a side note, AL2 looks like it's based on RHEL rather than CentOS from what I have seen, but there are probably a lot of similarities.

I might simply try to deploy a standard Ubuntu server, if that makes the process easier. Was a bit skeptical because 18.04 introduces a lot of new stuff that I don't really care to re-learn such as a new network configuration paradigm... Well, there goes my dream of sticking to AL2 as long as possible.

In any case I'll keep the Amazon machine for a while, until I decide if I really want to carry on the installation again.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
What you could try: look at the source of the installer on github and search for the yum lines and execute those manually. If the amazon os is based on a recent rhel/centos, it will probably work.