• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Enforce uniform distribution in shuffle mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topsi

When playing a playlist in shuffle mode, it feels like it's heavily favoring some songs while others are not being played at all.
It would be cool if a song will only be played twice if all other songs in the playlist have been played at least once already.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
The shuffle has already been optimized a lot - I thought that would have made it already into the last public version (0.9.8x).
If that's not the case, feel free to try the beta of 0.9.9 (see the beta forum for linux).
Unless you change tracks, it will only play each track once before repeating the list (except for maybe the very first track that gets started manually).

Topsi

Oh I didn't even see that beta forum. Didn't know the we had access to the script stuff already. That's great news.

However I had some trouble when I was updating. The only instance that I was configured so far was shown as running while it was actually not running and also couldn't not be stopped: Could not request shutdown. The really weird thing was, that I was able to add a second instance which was running just fine. Here's the output after I renamed the first instance to MusicBotKaputt and the second instance to MusicBot: http://pastebin.com/ZYy90d2W

Though shuffling works well now.^^

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
I've just heard of that issue yesterday - in that case the bot wasn't running as root (which of course is good), but ran earlier, having left half of the ./data directory owned by root and not writable by the bot. Could you make sure that's not the case?
Code:
chown -R botuser ./data

Topsi

It's indeed not running as root and I was also testing it as root before I made it run under a new user.

I changed the ownership as instructed, but it didn't work. Still getting shm_open() failed: Permission denied.
I also deleted the teamspeak/musicbot related files in /tmp/, because some had root ownership and tried again. without success.

It always seems to be the first instance that is being started, that fails to connect, but reports that it was running and that cannot be shutdown. All following instances work correctly:

With DisableLocalXServer set to true, I managed to remove the invalid running state. When I then start the server with DisableLocalXServer set to false and choose to start the second instance first, then this instance will make the trouble and the original instance will work just fine. I can then remove the second instance and add it again: Those instances will work just fine as well. If I started the first instance first, I couldn't remove it, but use the second instances just fine.

Topsi

The problem still exists in 0.9.9 6fb4fe2. Is this part from my log relevant, maybe?

Error: Couldn't find file "rules/xfree86" in include paths
Error: 1 include paths searched:
Error: /usr/share/X11/xkb
Error: 1 include paths could not be added:
Error: /home/musicbot/.xkb
Error: Couldn't look up rules 'xfree86', model '1', layout 'us', variant '(null)', options ''

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Have you tried to reboot? I've heard of some issues with still-running instances that then block some internally used ports. If you're experienced enough, just stop the bot and kill off any ts3clients left.

Topsi

"With DisableLocalXServer set to true, I managed to remove the invalid running state.
For that I stopped the bot edited the config (DisableLocalXServer=true), started the bot, stopped it, edited the config again (DisableLocalXServer=false) and started the bot again.

Anyways I also rebooted the server, but that didn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.