Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Error: Could not playback the selected file / stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flago

I installed Sinusbot without any troubles on my Linux server. Radio are working fine. All features are working fine except one bug I am facing.
Indeed, I also installed the youtube-dl module that seems to be correctly loaded according to logs when running sinusbot.

I added a youtube playlist (by "New Playlist" > "Advanced Options"). Song names are correctly loaded. However, most of songs from the playlist can not be played. Only few songs can be played.

For those whose can not be played, I receive the following error on the web interface (displayed in yellow popup, right upper side) :
Error
Could not playback the selected file / stream.

On top of that, the console logs are not especially verbose (even with a level of 10). On below a list of 3 clic attemps to play music 0, 1 and 2, where only 1 is actually played (only title 1 does not respond by a Could not playback the selected file / stream.)
2015/11/11 04:48:51 Recovered
2015/11/11 04:48:51 c3266b79 fc08e347 INFO PLAY-LIST [admin] 6134d74a-5de8-4ccd-bc1a-acf352b6be94 / 0 NOK
2015/11/11 04:49:22 c3266b79 fc08e347 INFO PLAY-LIST [admin] 6134d74a-5de8-4ccd-bc1a-acf352b6be94 / 1 OK
2015/11/11 04:49:27 Killed
2015/11/11 04:49:27 Recovered
2015/11/11 04:49:27 c3266b79 fc08e347 INFO PLAY-LIST [admin] 6134d74a-5de8-4ccd-bc1a-acf352b6be94 / 2 NOK

The playlist I used for this example was :
The youtube-dl version I am using : 2015.11.02

Given that I only have a NOK to debug, I am asking these questions :
1. Do you know from where this bug could come from and how to fix it ?
2. Where are actually stored songs coming from youtube playlists on the server ? Are they stored under the sqllite database ?
3. Is this possible to have a verbose mode showing the downloading process of a just added playlist ?
4. Are they some specifics logs youtube-dl command that I could check ?

Thank you in advance for reading and for your help.

Last edited:

flago

Ok, I figured out the issue of the question 1) on the chat. The issue is not sinusbot related, but server location related ! It seems that Germany is blocking most of youtube tracks (GEMA). So if I may say, do not host your server in Germany ! :p

I am still wondering about question 2., 3. and 4. Thank you

Niggolo

Helping Hand
Playlist wont be downloaded for now, it stream directly from youtube, the bot just add the list of songs in the playlist

Niggolo

Helping Hand
im not sure, is better if some staff ansewer, i just know this: when you add a playlist from youtube, it dont directly download the files, but it just stream it from youtube, so if the video will be removed the file stop working but wont be removed from the playlist on sinusbot

flago

Ok, its quite important to be sure since I don't want overloading the server with thousands of files. I guess the video sound still need to be downloaded in a way, I just want to ensure that it is afterwards deleted.
Waiting for a staff answer then. Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.