• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Free vps

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my understanding is that I can put this on a vps. Does anyone know a REAL free vps even if it is a 12 to a 1 year trial. Has to be windows.

Last edited:

jackoosan

Donor
is awesome!
Free VPS's can be hard to get. And chances are if you find a provider its a scam.
Here is a good list of free VPS providers however all are linux; https://www.freevps.club/showthread.php?tid=147

I have never heard of a free windows VPS, probably because the windows license itself costs money so there is no possible way a company could make back the losses, nor would they want too.
You can easily host your sinusbot off a linux server, there are even nice easy install scripts. Is there any particular reason you need to use windows @Jacksharkben

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Every "free" hoster is crap, you have no SLA or anything.
As @jackoosan already said the Windows Licence alone costs already around 29€/Monthly.
3€ for a VPS is no cost at all, so go to OVH or any other hoster outta there but get the experience for linux before!

Alternative use the windows version localy or buy directly bots at one of our hosting partners...

jackoosan

Donor
is awesome!
It should work however most free servers have overcrowded nodes (slow VPS) and have bad internet.
It would be possible to luck out somewhere, it should work on all of the servers you can find from the link I posted above, however there are requirements to get these servers. (NOTE: you dont need windows for sinus bot, Debian 8 works great for me)
You are much better off just paying $3-10 a month for the server.
If you need a server for a short amount of time go get a free trial of a server

I know where you could pick up a free VPS that works (enough, it's not that fast, but it's not horrible) and would be able to host the music bot (and maybe a ts server), but I dunno where I can find a windows one... Only got linux vps..

Status
Not open for further replies.