• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

How to find URL for other users to use web control panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DespairGiver

I'm very new to music bots let alone this one and kind of confused. Where do I find the URL to give other users so that they can access the bot via the web control panel instead of using commands in TS3?

Patschi

Head of troll department / Xuxe dominator
Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Insider
You just need to point the users on the same webinterface as you are using. Usually http://Sinusbot-IP:8087.
The further steps depends on your IT-environment.
  • If the bot is running on a rent public server, mostly it works just out-of-the-box. Just give them the URL. In some case you may need to open the port on the servers´ firewall, if the server has further firewall restrictions.
  • If the bot is running on any machine at your home, like your own computer, it is usually not that simple. You need to forward the port TCP/8087 through your router to your machine, where the Sinusbot is running on. You may also need to configure your machines´ firewall to let the traffic on that port passing by. Lastly you need to give your users the URL with your public IP address - you can see the public one (for example) on myip.is. On most internet plans for private people the IP also may change every few hours or days.

Status
Not open for further replies.