Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Migrate from one PC to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiddinWar

Hello

Is it possible for me to somehow move my sinusbot from one PC to another without having to change anything?
Like, will I have to re-upload music, fiddle with config and what not again (basically create it anew) or can I just zip the current Sinusbot folder (+ teamspeak profile) and just dump it on a different PC?

The other PC in question is a more lightweight PC than the one I'm currently on and I can afford to keep this other PC on 24/7 since it practically doesn't consume any power being on but my main hogs power like hell (850W).

TL;DR - Can I move Sinusbot folder from PC A to PC B without any difficulties?

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Yes, that should work.

BiddinWar

Migrating it over worked, but I can't access it from the "main" pc so to say, the webinterface.

Is there something I'm missing to do?

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Are you trying to access it over 127.0.0.1? Because that points to your local machine.
You have to enter the IP-address of the computer that is running the software.

BiddinWar

I'm trying to do it over the PC's public IP which is what I should be doing, correct? I have portforwarded too, so I really dont know what my issue is here

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
If you're trying to access your own public IP locally it might not work. Their are some ISPs which redirect (when accessed locally) to the router management page or simple don't allow using your public at home.

Try finding the local IP of "PC B" and connect to that from "PC A". If you don't know how to find it, you can type
Code:
ipconfig
in command prompt (admin level isn't needed).

Status
Not open for further replies.