• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Feature Query Access For sinusbots

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGTGamer

Donor
is awesome!
This request is something your probably already thinking about doing. But I wanted to check.

As a Team speak Designer and engineer, i have learned a few tricks which you can do with the query command system known as ServerQuery. For those who don't know what ServerQuery is, here is a quick description:

TeamSpeak Official said:
ServerQuery is a command-line interface built into the TeamSpeak 3 Server which allows powerful scripting and automation tools to be built based on the exact same instruction set and functionality provided by the TeamSpeak 3 Client. For example, you can use scripts to automate the management of virtual servers or nightly backups. In short, you can perform operations more efficiently by using ServerQuery scripts than you can by using a user interface.

It would be nice to be able to access this system through the sinusbot. This means implementing a Query System to send to port 10011 (TCP). If this could be done, it would allow so much more control over the bots abilities and allow script writers to do so much more.

I hope you'll consider this.

TGTGamer

P.s Read more about ServerQuerys in this official document

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Hey you as a:
Team speak Designer and engineer
Should know all features from the Query also possible throught the Normal Client ;)
So it makes no sense to make duplicate?
But yet are not all functions from the Client ready for the Scripting.

TGTGamer

Donor
is awesome!
Hey you as a:

Should know all features from the Query also possible throught the Normal Client ;)
So it makes no sense to make duplicate?

With access to the query we can do more quicker and better automated. Its just a suggestion, and I use query access on most of the other bots i'v run. Even if its only for advanced users, it does allow that extra flexibility for the scripters.

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
With access to the query we can do more quicker and better automated. Its just a suggestion, and I use query access on most of the other bots i'v run. Even if its only for advanced users, it does allow that extra flexibility for the scripters.

Its no matter if you run for example a getChannels with a Query Connection as backend or a Teamspeak3 Client?
The result is the same.
Automation is controlled by your Application / Script not by the Backend.
You do nothing "faster", as a end User you call the same Functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.