• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Scripts won't work after a while

Vxrious

Helping Hand
Hey, i have a problem some of my Script won't work after some time

Example:
1. !come & !goaway script
after a while only !goaway will work but !come won't

2. WelcomeMessage+
After a while it completly won't work

3. DefaultChannel
Buggy after a while

Idk why this is, maybe someone know why :/

Everlike

Contributor
This is a known bug, afaik.
You can send us the Sinusbot logs and maybe we can see what causes this, maybe not.
I recommend to use a script such as the reconnect script
Just find out how long it takes, till the bot-scripts stop working flawless and set the a automated restarttimer to that timeamount.

Greetigns

//edit: Sorry, this bug seems fixed with the latest version of Sinusbot, wasn´t aware of that.

Last edited:

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
What Sinusbot version and SInusbot TS version do you use?

Like, give us some basics here to help you, you know.

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Good, so you are running the latest version.

Strange is that you are suffering from description timeouts. Those got fixed afaik in the 0.13.x release. Is there a possibility that your bot gets spam banned from your server? Aka the bots server groups hasn't the rights to ignore flooding? Unlikely but the only option I can think of right now.

Runningcore

Contributor
I looked it up in the setting :D I'm a noob at this
Dude why you just not went through a testing process like for example:
Connecting with a new identity to the server, assign the groups the bot got assigned and then you try out to trigger the spam / flood protection?
check this out please and if this is verified and seems to be not the issue, we might could check for any other options / possible reasons.

Thank you! :)

SgtWhiskyFuzz

Donor
is awesome!
What i do is setup a sudo cron job to run every 3 hours

restart.sh and the command
Bash:
service sinusbot restart

I have issues with scripts timing out ever so often iv gone in backend i assigned sinusbot quarry admin.
my news ticker would stop scrolling.

Vxrious

Helping Hand
Dude why you just not went through a testing process like for example:
Connecting with a new identity to the server, assign the groups the bot got assigned and then you try out to trigger the spam / flood protection?
check this out please and if this is verified and seems to be not the issue, we might could check for any other options / possible reasons.

Thank you! :)

Okey, i tried it now. I switched channels for a few minutes, spammed myself, moved myself. Nothing happened. But without the group i got an error that i need to wait befor i can switch channel again.

Vxrious

Helping Hand
What i do is setup a sudo cron job to run every 3 hours

restart.sh and the command
Bash:
service sinusbot restart

I have issues with scripts timing out ever so often iv gone in backend i assigned sinusbot quarry admin.
my news ticker would stop scrolling.

I already tried to restart the service also my Server but nothing helped :( :/