• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Sinusbot VPS won't boot after restart (Isolated I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KosmicReeds

Donor
is awesome!
Operating System: Linux - Centos 7
SinusBot Version: 0.11
TS3 Version: 3.0.13.8

Problem Description

Hey,

So I have been having this problem with two separate VPS's, installation of the SinusBot goes fine, everything works as it should. But, when I reboot the VPS, the VPS won't come back online, this has happened with two VPS's I have, both with different (but similar) spec's, and yes it is the Sinusbot, because it reboot's fine before the installation of SinusBot.

Not saying this is Sinusbot's fault, it is most probable that it is something wrong with my servers, as this seems to be an isolated problem with only me?

Server Spec's

Spec's Server 1:
CPU
: i7-4820K
Cores: 4
RAM: 2.75GB
Network: 1GBps
---
Operating System: CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708
TS3 Server Version: 3.0.13.8
----
Installation: Auto Installer by Qhiliqq

Spec's Server 2 - Second Test Server:
CPU
: Xeon 5650
Cores: 8
RAM: 2GB
---
Operating System: CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708
----
Installation: Auto Installer by Qhiliqq

So I have used CentOS 7 for both servers (as this is what I prefer), Should i try using Ubuntu or Debian? or maybe CentOS 6?

Edit* Going to try Ubuntu and see if this problem still happens, will update as I go.

---
Edit* Fixed confusion

Last edited:

KosmicReeds

Donor
is awesome!
Update*

Okay, I spent the last hour or so changing over to Ubuntu and re-installing everything:

Server Spec's (Changes)
Spec's Server 2 - Test Server:
CPU
:
Xeon 5650
Cores: 8
RAM: 2GB
---
Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (Changed from CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708)
---
Installation:
Auto Installer by Qhiliqq

After re-installing both the TeamSpeak 3 Server and SinusBot on 'Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS', I tested to make sure everything was working, I then initiated the reboot command via a terminal, it went down and at first I thought it was doing it again because it was taking a very long time to boot, but it eventually did boot back up and both the TeamSpeak 3 Server (Because I have a auto start script) and SinusBot auto started and connected!

I gave the server several reboot's to make sure everything was working, I did reboot's via the terminal, a SSH based front-end and via the CP controls. Each and everytime I rebooted the server, it would boot up and auto connect fine. (First long boot time was a one off thing.)

So I am pleased to say that it does work properly on 'Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS'.

I am not sure why it does not work on 'CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708'?

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
I am not sure why it does not work on 'CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708'?

Could you please provde boot logs / screenshots of the terminal during the boot process?
Also it would be interesting what kind of VPS it is? KVM, OpenVZ, LXC, VMware?

If the system does not boot you may can use a rescue system to recover the files.
If possible provide the following logs:

* /var/log/boot.log
* /var/log/messages
* /var/log/dmesg

I think it's may an issue due to virtualization software used with some packages related to systemd.

KosmicReeds

Donor
is awesome!
@Xuxe

Hey, Thanks for the reply,

That will be a little hard, I have (As stated in the Update) re-imaged the OS to Ubuntu and installed everything from there.

That being said, seeing as how this is a test server (That I actually intend on moving over to due to problems with the other one plus this one is better) I can re-image to CentOS 7 and attempt to get these things for you, If it will help I am glad to go through the process of doing it again, which with the CentOS 7 it takes a very long time as I have to do stuff like 'yum update' etc (Might be due to how my 'Host' sets their OS Installations up?). But if it will help with improving the quality and compatibility of SinusBot I am happy to do it! (Though I have searched and couldn't find any other posts about this, so unless I am the only one running CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708, It might isolated to my 'Host' and the way they do their servers?)

Please let me know if you would like me to go through the process of re-imaging to get you this information.
If I am to re-image etc. How exactly do I do the rescue system? (Never done that before)
Also, I will do it once I do a backup of my current server configuration.

Also additional information:

I can not access the terminal I use to get you any screenshots

I am assuming the Virtualization? if so then Xen is what it tells me for both servers.

Thanks.

KosmicReeds

Donor
is awesome!
Update*

It is a Redhat 7 Xen Virtualisation kernel bug.

there is a fix to use a different kernel instead of Redhat but if I am correct SinusBot has to use Redhat correct?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.