• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Stopping the bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rem

When I first started the bot it worked great but now I updated it to the new beta and I can't figure out how to stop the old version. The old web interface is still up and I don't know how to stop the old version of the bot from running. Is there a command I can use or a way to stop it. Thanks.

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
if you used screen or have a terminal opened with bot running use crtl c to break it, it should say shutting down or just exit to the /opt/ts3bot

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
Code:
ps -u <user>
kill <PID>
replace <user> with the user account the bot is running under, it lists all the processes running under that user
then kill it by using the PID it's identified by

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
np, next time use screen first
Code:
screen
cd /opt/ts3bot
./sinusbot
then crtl+a, then d to get out of screen. That way you CAN close the terminal running and just resume by opening a new one and using screen -r to go back to that session and monitor the bot's console

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.