Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Teamspeak 3.1 Support for SinusBot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
In a few days/weeks. But there is no eta sorry :)

an api update takes days or weeks? claim down boiis :mad:
yay downgrad to 19.4 = everthing fucked up - gg

Last edited:

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
I don't see a reason for rushing here. The bot runs pretty stable for most people on the old version while the new version has yet to prove itself as stable and safe on its own.

So I have the following problem right now:

I installed the SinusBot on a Windows 10 system which I am also using to connect with a usual TS3 client to talk on my own server a few days before 3.1.0.1 came out. I updated both my usual TS3 client as well as the client the SinusBot is using. I updated the latter one because I haven't thought about the circumstance that the new TS client could provide a plugin API update.

So right now, the SinusBot plugin has been deleted out of the folder. The TS client I have inside the SinusBot folder is too new. And when I try to reinstall SinusBot the installer says "This version is only compatible with a 64bit 3.0.14.x TS client, the installed version is 3.1.0.0". Apparently it detects my TS client copy that I am using to talk, because even if I delete the SinusBot folder this message is shown.

How do I get a working copy of SinusBot on Windows 10 in my situation?

Thank you in advance.

same here, try to reroll - all fucked up -

i can clear the entire database to have a bot again or wait "days or weeks" for this api update to have a soundbot again, yeah great!

same here, try to reroll ...

i can clear the entire database to have a bot again ...

How do I do that? I doubt it would have an effect since the installer would recognize my other TS3 client copy that is already 3.1.x. I don't intend to downgrade my usual TS client I am using to talk.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
I don't intend to downgrade my usual TS client I am using to talk.
Just do that for a few minutes, reinstall the bot and then you're free to update your normal client to 3.1 again. Newer versions of the bot installer will not upgrade to 3.1 until compatible.

i can clear the entire database to have a bot again or wait "days or weeks" for this api update to have a soundbot again, yeah great!
Thats BS. Just make sure the client is compatible and don't do any updates on your own for now (at least for the client the bot uses). You won't lose your data if you don't delete the data directory. Has got nothing to do with each other.

Just do that for a few minutes, reinstall the bot and then you're free to update your normal client to 3.1 again. Newer versions of the bot installer will not upgrade to 3.1 until compatible.
I don't want to sound rude or unfriendly in any way, this is just a thought I have:
Wouldn't I run into the same issue if the next SinusBot update would still use 3.0.x while I have my usual TS client at 3.1.x again?
Wouldn't it be less work to do for you as well to simply provide a zip file for the Windows version of SinusBot at all times with no version checks at all since you would deliver the right version of the client within the zip file anyway?
I admit the fact I updated the version is my mistake though.

I am also worried about that:
I have quite a few different identities, bookmarks and client settings that I am using with my usual TS client. Is there a way to backup all that info just in case something goes wrong while downgrading and later upgrading again? I would spend quite some time if I need to do apply all that custom text-to-speech settings and the like from hand.

Thank you.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Wouldn't I run into the same issue if the next SinusBot update would still use 3.0.x while I have my usual TS client at 3.1.x again?
No, since 0.9.15 checks were added to prevent overwriting the client if it's not compatible.

Wouldn't it be less work to do for you as well to simply provide a zip file for the Windows version of SinusBot at all times with no version checks at all since you would deliver the right version of the client within the zip file anyway?
Would be less work but violate the terms of TS as we may not simply redistribute the client with the bot.

Framie

I don't see a reason for rushing here. The bot runs pretty stable for most people on the old version while the new version has yet to prove itself as stable and safe on its own.
How can i downgrade my ts? on their site there's only the new version.

Peskie

This isn't much help when you use the windows install and the install specifically states not to downgrade as it would break the Sinusbot installation.

Would be nice to have an eta on a fix for this issue, this seems to break each time there's a TS update and I'm trying to look at alternatives but would prefer to use this TS music bot plugin as I've got it all configured with playlists and stations.

well this is exact the same problem.. but call it bullshit again please.
same lame excuses like in official teamspeak forum. someday everyone uses discord...

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
This isn't much help when you use the windows install and the install specifically states not to downgrade as it would break the Sinusbot installation.
That's referring to the bot version, not the ts client version.

well this is exact the same problem.. but call it bullshit again please.
same lame excuses like in official teamspeak forum.
See above.

You do see the small difference of this being a hobby project of one person vs a company with a social media team, do you? Whatever - if you're not willing to take part in a constructive discussion, then please gehbitte einfach. Otherwise feel free to state the issues you're still having after downgrading the ts3 client, and I'm sure we'll get that fixed somehow.

A new compatible version of the bot will - as I said - still need some more time. This is no 24/7 full-time job of anyone.

ECHO

I wanted to install sinusbot to use on discord but it refuses to install coz my teamspeak is 3.1
Will there be a change so that teamspeak is not required to install sinusbot? Or is teamspeak needed to have sinusbot work on discord.

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
hi,

Will there be a change so that teamspeak is not required to install sinusbot? Or is teamspeak needed to have sinusbot work on discord.

Yeah, i think there will be change but not yet.

yes, its needed
install teamspeak 3.0.X in a extra directory maybe.

Not necessary. - Just drop the old client and install this one:
and copy the plugin again!

Peskie

Soo..... what use is a linux install version for windows 10 .... zero use.

Would it be possible to provide a version check for TS that gives the user the option to override the install (at users own risk of course)?

Sc4res

Naja Teamspeak 3.1 bzw der Downgrade auf 3.0.19 hat alles kapput gemacht bei mir xD bot startet nicht mal mehr

Status
Not open for further replies.