• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved TSClient Quits after a few mins of playing in a channel...

MrAmos123

I don't know how to properly explain this issue without someone experiencing it on my server, but I created a fresh install of SinusBot.

TeamSpeak version: 3.2.2
SinusBot version: 0.14.3-0e747fd
Linux version: 18.04.1 (Ubuntu LTS)

The bot will join and play as expected, nothing wrong here... Give it a few mins of playtime and suddenly the music will just stop, give it a few more seconds and the bot will 'time out'

Code:
<21:28:13> "⯈ Music Bot 1" dropped (connection lost)
<21:30:22> "⯈ Music Bot 2" dropped (connection lost)

In the log area of SinusBot, the only thing that gets reported is

Code:
2018-09-30T18:37:15+01:00 TSClient quit.

This issue seems to be only present on the latest release, I ran the build from Feb 10, 2018 and this works fine without issue. However, I cannot run this anymore due to the "You're running an outdated build" display message when attempting to start outdated builds... (I don't agree with this method of version control...)

If you want to experience this issue for yourself on my server, PM me on Discord Amos#9672 and I will give you the IP so you can help.

It's really annoying as it's made the bots unusable.

MrAmos123

I've confirmed this on 3 different servers hosted via OVH's servers, all suffer the same issue using clean Ubuntu 18.04.1 images.

Any help would be appreciated. The bot is practically useless at the moment due to the latest update.

MrAmos123

This bug is so fucking weird...

I cannot figure out what's causing the bot to crash/disconnect, it just seems to happen on its own, we've done so much testing now and still cannot narrow it down. It doesn't matter what host we use it's still happening, we need someone to take a look.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
This issue seems to be only present on the latest release, I ran the build from Feb 10, 2018 and this works fine without issue. However, I cannot run this anymore due to the "You're running an outdated build" display message when attempting to start outdated builds... (I don't agree with this method of version control...)
  1. No, this doesn't have to do with the sinusbot version.
  2. Even though you don't seem to think that blocking old versions makes sense it absolutely does, especially in a beta!
I've already posted many arguments why this is a good idea some time ago, the most important point being that we don't want to waste our time getting support requests or bug reports for bugs that are already fixed in the latest release.

The TeamSpeak Client is crashing NOT the sinusbot. This was already an issue with an old ts client version and seems to be happening again.

likesox

Donor
is awesome!
I actually have the same problem and already opened a thread to this.
I'm also using OVH.

Just commenting here, to see if he can fix it.

K1ller0561

Insider
Insider
@MrAmos123 Thanks for your Feedback. 3.2.1 running fine. A new beta client 3.2.3 is allready in work and will be released soon by teamspeak (fix playback problem from 3.2.2).

greeting

Killer0561 (Sascha)