Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Unable to run after latest update -> Error on database operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrid

Hey guys,

I recently updated the bot using this script (https://sinusbot-installer.de/) on my Linux server, and after using root to run SinusBot for a while I've been trying to migrate to a non 'root user'. I get this error when running the command below,

sudo -u sinusbot ./sinusbot

s4jpz62.png

Can anyone help? I'm rather confused. :(

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
well the fix is in your screenshot... The new user has no rights to use the file. The rights are still on the root account. To fix it run chown -R sinusbot:sinusbot /opt/sinusbot

Edit: Since Flyth mentioned this is a result of an up/down/upgrade I don't know if this might not be the right fix for your problem, so dunno.

Last edited:

Hydrid

@Diesmon Previous to the creation of this thread I set all files in the folder to 777 and also set the owner (for all files once again) to sinusbot, therefore that solution doesn't't seem to work.

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
@Diesmon Previous to the creation of this thread I set all files in the folder to 777 and also set the owner (for all files once again) to sinusbot, therefore that solution doesn't't seem to work.
Yep, like my edit says, that is a special case according to flyth. Dunno how to fix it. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Also next time when you report such an error, you could say that you already have done the basic things or step X and Y (like the fix provided by the error message) if you had said that in the beginning it would have saved us a few posts.

But well, sometimes ppl assume we are all mind readers here in the forum :)

LetsBlade

Set rights to -R 0777 and to the user root:root
Update again and change to the user/group sinusbot:sinusbot
Try to run it again^^

That fixxed it on my Server with the Same Problem^^

Hydrid

Works Maxi. Thanks. I'm not sure how I didn't see this as I checked the FAQ. I must have checked it a bit too briefly! Regardless, thanks for making this bot so awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.