• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Update: Sinusbot 0.9.8 -> Sinusbot Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frizzant

Contributor
Hello my fellow Companions!

BLUE: my input
GREEN: output i get from the Program/Script

I am Running Debian 8, with TS3 Server and rBMod. Multiple Websites etc.

After being happy with my installation for 8 Months, i want to upgrade/update to the BETA Version. Now I basically swapped out everything in the folder ts3soundboard. After this, I almoste have all the same files in there.
TS3-Client installed etc.
My main problem is, that the Bot will not start after reboot. I can start is with

./sinusbot -RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat

But it will not work as user "teamspeak3". I get the following:

sudo -u teamspeak3 ./sinusbot

(...)
2016/08/30 13:59:55 [GENERAL/SCRIPTS] INFO Loading ScriptPlugin welcometext.js
2016/08/30 13:59:55 Error on database operations: attempt to write a readonly database
2016/08/30 13:59:55 This usually happens, if the bot user does not own the database files (e.g. when you first ran the bot as user root but now moved to another user). To fix this, please make sure that the bot user owns the entire data directory.

(QUITs)

The Files are owned by teamspeak3. Chmod 755 for everything - 777 didn't change anything. Chown teamspeak3:staff for everything in the Folder.

(one thing is, i cannot find where and how i start the script... not in init.d, not in cronjobs ... nowhere. I really have no clue. Any ideas what was recommended on this forum - so i can possibly find that?)
Anyway... it should not really make a difference, since it worked with the previous installation.

Thanks so much :)

Frizzant

Contributor
Yep. Recursively.
teamspeak3:staff worked with last installation.

After doing:
rm /tmp/.X11-unix/X40

I can start the bot without root!
sudo -u teamspeak3 ./sinusbot

Status
Not open for further replies.