• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Update Sinusbot but keep Script settings

Chryfi2

Hey there,
I want to update my sinusbot on linux but I want to keep the settings of my scripts. Is it possible? Which folders do I need to copy?
Thanks

Brini

Helping Hand
No data should be lost.

But I think some scripts are saving your settings in an extra file in the scripts folder, so if there are 2 files for your script in your scripts folder you can save them as a backup.

Chryfi2

No data should be lost.

But I think some scripts are saving your settings in an extra file in the scripts folder, so if there are 2 files for your script in your scripts folder you can save them as a backup.
I'll take a look at this tomorrow.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
There is no description how to keep the script settings when updating.
There is no need to mention it if it does not happen. Updating has never implied data loss.
No, script settings are not stored in the scripts folder.