• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Weird Sound(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley

Sometimes when a song is being played from the radio or from uploaded songs, sometimes it sounds weird, Like a high pitched noise.

Used Version: 0.9.9
Hardware: OVH VPS, 1GB Ram, 100 up/down, don't know cpu)
Used Browser: N/A on the VPS. FireFox on my machine.

~~~~~~~~~~
Also how do i make it so it only plays when somebody is in the channel the bot is currently in?

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Also how do i make it so it only plays when somebody is in the channel the bot is currently in?

EnableAloneMode = true (@ config.ini)

Sometimes when a song is being played from the radio or from uploaded songs, sometimes it sounds weird, Like a high pitched noise.

Then LogLevel 10 + Logs + config.ini .

Used Browser: N/A on the VPS. FireFox on my machine.

I understand this correctly, the browser on the VPS? Do you use a graphical interface on the VPS?

The logs can you found at your Terminal (make a screenshot easiest way).

Last edited:

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
I don't think the logs will help in this case as well. Are you using the most recent version? That version got a fix for a bug that caused some files with variable bitrates to sound odd / sped up and such.

Ashley

EnableAloneMode = true (@ config.ini)

Then LogLevel 10 + Logs + config.ini .

I understand this correctly, the browser on the VPS? Do you use a graphical interface on the VPS?

The logs can you found at your Terminal (make a screenshot easiest way).

I don't think the logs will help in this case as well. Are you using the most recent version? That version got a fix for a bug that caused some files with variable bitrates to sound odd / sped up and such.

After i had changed it to log level 10 it stopped working. After looking into it a little more i realized i was using 0.9.8. I will upgrade it and update you if this happens again.

Update: there is no 0.9.9 for linux?

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
If it stopped working, you probably have corrupted the config-file somehow. The bot is pretty bitchy and strict when it comes to the config file :)

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Poste your config we will fix it. :p

Nothing against OVH that fits far but the OpenVZ containers are for development and not very powerful. I suspect there is a graphical user interface in the game a lot of power eats on such a small VPS.

//Edit:

You found the last version here: https://forum.sinusbot.com/resources/beta-0-9-9.3/

Patschi

Head of troll department / Xuxe dominator
Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Insider
@Xuxe: OpenVZ are powerful itself, because they produce less overheads than full virtualizating complete machines. However, since couple of weeks OVH is not offering OpenVZ machines anymore and just KVM-virtualized machines. Sadly the VMware ESXi-cloud-VPS products are also not available anymore :(

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Without wanting to drive this off-topic: you guys should have a look at LXC / LXD - OpenVZ is just TOO old and there are much better solutions around that are in active development :)

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Oh okay, It's a bit ago when I was at OVH ;)
My mistake.

I only use OpenVZ currently, so I know that it is powerful.
At first we used containter for Sinusbot OVH OpenVZ, who was on the borders, therefore my guess ;)

Without wanting to drive this off-topic: you guys should have a look at LXC / LXD - OpenVZ is just TOO old and there are much better solutions around that are in active development

LXC is nice! :)

Ashley

Okay.... so this is... weird. My config won't get any bigger than this.

ListenPort = 8087
ListenHost = "0.0.0.0"
TS3Path = "/root/ts3soundboard/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/ts3client_linux_amd64"

Also to answer @Xuxe i only use the terminal

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
ListenPort = 8087
ListenHost = "0.0.0.0"
TS3Path = "/root/ts3soundboard/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/ts3client_linux_amd64"

Thats the inital config, has the bot access to the files? That seems that the bot has never written the config file..

Ashley

ListenPort = 8087
ListenHost = "0.0.0.0"

Thats the inital config, has the bot access to the files? That seems that the bot has never written the config file..

I changed its perms to 777 and re ran it. Same outcome.

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Some output on Commandline? Can you take a screenshot, or have you TeamViewer?

Patschi

Head of troll department / Xuxe dominator
Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Insider
Without wanting to drive this off-topic: you guys should have a look at LXC / LXD - OpenVZ is just TOO old and there are much better solutions around that are in active development :)

Why is OpenVZ too old? Their kernel version is very stable, well tested and still has support for updates - OpenVZ wrote an article about that couple of years ago here. And there is already a new version heavily in development - named Virtuozzo 7 based on Linux 4.10. I like OpenVZ, because it's simple and has less overhead - but I strongly agree, that there are better solutions for that purposes and I'm moving from OpenVZ to an other virtualization anyway. But this is really going too much off-topic :)

Just to mention: It's named LTS "Long Time Support", not LTE :)

Are you starting the bot with root privileges with the required paramter attached to it? (Running as root is generally not recommended for security)

Ashley

Some output on Commandline? Can you take a screenshot, or have you TeamViewer?

7d71ddc0b9fcdf909b29610315a74e79.png

Thats what i get in the terminal. It plays music etc, does not update the config file.

Why is OpenVZ too old? Their kernel version is very stable, well tested and still has support for updates - OpenVZ wrote an article about that couple of years ago here. And there is already a new version heavily in development - named Virtuozzo 7 based on Linux 4.10. I like OpenVZ, because it's simple and has less overhead - but I strongly agree, that there are better solutions for that purposes and I'm moving from OpenVZ to an other virtualization anyway. But this is really going too much off-topic :)

Just to mention: It's named LTS "Long Time Support", not LTE :)

Are you starting the bot with root privileges with the required paramter attached to it? (Running as root is generally not recommended for security)

I am & I know root is not good for security.

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Hmm you use 777 and have the problem .. Maybe it's a bug. I have only upgraded the last versions ... no new install.

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Have you started the 0.9.8 before?

Status
Not open for further replies.