• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Feature add pause and resume

n0ns

Hi,

I believe it would be very useful to all if there were the commands below integrated with Sinusbot.

!pause - Stops playback and saves the position you stopped in the playlist.
!resume - Resumes playlist playback at the position where it was paused.

Currently, the " !stop" command means that we always have to start a playlist from its beginning ... I am referring to using Sinusbot only by TeamSpeak chat commands.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Hi,

I would also find this useful and would be happy if it existed (every music player has this! it's a core, must-have feature imo!), but it's not as simple as it seems:

With a bit of work you can already program pause/resume by saving the last track position, but this has some unexpected behaviour:
1. Playlists will not be resumed (only last song then it stops)
2. Queues will not be resumed (only last song then it stops)
3. Folders will not be resumed (only last song then it stops)
4. It does not work with streams

While you could fix 1-3 with workarounds (more work) and new functions in the scripting engine (more work + waiting for flyth to implement it ._.), the last point is harder.
What do you expect when you pause a stream and resume it an hour later?
A) Should the SinusBot continue where it left of (like what play/resume means)? That's hard to implement and then the bot needs to record the entire stream which will fill up the disk.
B) Or should it not resume where it left off and instead start where it is now? This might confuse users, because it's not really what "resume" means but is easier to do.

TL;DR: Not as simple as it seems, but not impossible either.
Maybe I forgot something else but these are my thoughts on it.