• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

won't fix Autostart with Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider

Hey guys.

So i installed sinusbot yesterday without any problems on my Windows Server (2016,Datacenter). I normaly use nssm for dealing with service autostart/stop so i tried using nssm for sinusbot but unfortunatly sinusbot crashes once the service starts running. Are there any parameters needed to run sinusbot as a service?

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Why don't you just put the shortcut to the Sinusbot in the autostart folder?

Last edited:

Spider

Can you show us logs?

Here you go https://pastebin.com/FzYTHSAq

While looking through the logs it was pretty obvious that the service seems to be in a constant start/stop loop. Confirmed this in task manager.

Why don't you just put the shortcut so the Sinusbot in the autostart folder?

Unfortunately if i do this the program would only start after i logged on (via RDP). Kinda beats it's purpose then.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Unfortunately if i do this the program would only start after i logged on (via RDP). Kinda beats it's purpose then.
Ah, right.
Here you go https://pastebin.com/FzYTHSAq
While looking through the logs it was pretty obvious that the service seems to be in a constant start/stop loop. Confirmed this in task manager.
Seems to be unable to talk to the teamspeak client in any way, so TS could be the problem (maybe because there is no screen session initialized? I don't think the client can run headless by itself.)
The looping is caused by nssm.

Spider

Well if i manually start Sinusbot there isn't a problem. I also tried starting the service while being connected via RDP however the results are the same. Either sinusbot is crashing and nssm is automaticly trying to start it again or sinusbot isnt crashing and windows service manager craps on it for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.