• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Cant Add Youtube Playlist (W error)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColbyR

I've run into this issue now, I've update youtube-dl up to today's update and I'm getting the W error. Please help? What else can I do to troubleshoot this and get my bot back up.

I would have responded to another post and not created a new post but seeing as someone thinks its useful to lock old topics I'm forced to create a new thread to get troubleshooting assistance.

ColbyR

Bot was running perfectly fine yesterday, I was forced to reinstall the bot because of a Mistake I made but Ive installed enough times to know how to get the bot running. Just this issue, not sure what I can do and need some help please.

error :
2017-04-03T15:22:38-05:00 Could not read playlist: invalid character 'W' looking for beginning of value

ColbyR

As there are no people here that help with anything nomore, I found the issue...

You need to manually and completely remove youtube-dl and then reinstall the latest version.
Code:
sudo apt-get autoremove --purge youtube-dl
sudo apt-get remove -y youtube-dl
sudo wget https://yt-dl.org/downloads/latest/youtube-dl -O /usr/local/bin/youtube-dl
sudo chmod a+rx /usr/local/bin/youtube-dl

Status
Not open for further replies.