• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Extracting bot fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm following this command list by the letter: https://wiki.sinusbot.com/en:guides:installation:linux

It downloads but when I try to do the extraction part I get this:

:/opt/sinusbot# tar -xjf sinusbot-beta.tar.bz2
tar (child): bzip2: Cannot exec: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

I have manually installed bzip and made sure it's up to date. Please help.

kratox

I am having issues also but I think I can tell you why that is happening for you. Did you download it using curl or wget? Wget keeps giving me 403 forbidden right now and curl only downloads the html of the website not the actual file. Meaning it can't open it because it isn't a actual tar file. I downloaded it via windows and tried to extract it that way but it is causing even more issues. The file now refuses to run even after giving it chmod +x permissions. I am assuming the tar file is corrupt and the download needs to be fixed. That or my service is somehow blacklisted from their site which I have no clue why, but seeing as how even a manual download isn't working and others are having issues I am gonna assume its the site.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
That or my service is somehow blacklisted from their site which I have no clue why
You might be banned by cloudflare, what does to html file contain?

kratox

You might be banned by cloudflare, what does to html file contain?
OMFG your right. It didn't ban me but I see what the issue is now. Its trying to get me to do a captcha to make sure I am not a robot. I have no clue what to do about that. I am connecting via terminal and trying to put a gui and a vnc on a dedicated server just to get around captcha that wasn't a issue before seems bogus.

Status
Not open for further replies.