• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

i can start my bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JexBn5ald

ehy say to my that ?

root@server:/opt/ts3soundboard# ./sinusbot
2016/05/31 19:34:04 The bot will not run as root-user if you don't run it with the parameter '-RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat'

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
You should change the title to "i can't start my bot", but don't run the bot under root that's you issue. Create a user named "sinusbot" and log into that. Run a screen session and then start the bot.
Code:
useradd sinusbot
passwd <password>
add ownership to the sinusbot with the new user
Code:
chown sinusbot -R /opt/sinusbot/
Log out of root and log into the created user account
Code:
screen -S sinusbot
cd /opt/ts3soundboard/
./sinusbot
Then press crtl+a, and "d" to exit out of the screen session.

To rejoin the session to shutdown the bot
Code:
screen -r sinusbot
crtl+c

Last edited:

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
useradd sinusbot passwd sinusbot

Please change the password and do not use the username as password if you want to let the user logging in ^^ ;)
If you have done the creation of the new user type as root: chown -R sinusbot /opt/ts3soundboard to fix the permissions or you have the next issue...

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
Please change the password and do not use the username as password if you want to let the user logging in ^^ ;)
If you have done the creation of the new user type as root: chown -R sinusbot /opt/ts3soundboard to fix the permissions or you have the next issue...
Ah forgot about that :p thanks Xuxe

JexBn5ald

he say

The bot will not run as root-user if you don't run it with the parameter '-RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat'
xinit: connection to X server lost

waiting for X server to shut down

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
you need to change to the sinusbot user and start the bot from that user

Status
Not open for further replies.