• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

.m3u with local MP3 files

Status
Not open for further replies.

sodaboy581

How does one import an .m3u with local MP3 files?

I have an .m3u file that has over 60,000 .mp3 files defined in it. Dragging and dropping to upload the .m3u fails. Attempting to download the .m3u through the web with youtube-dl *does* download the .m3u but then it says "duplicate" and none of my tracks show up...

I'd really just like to have it import all of my songs that are on the same hard drive into the "All Music" so I can play them on random...

OS is Windows Server 2012 R2, Python and youtube-dl installed, but everything is local to the bot anyway...

Any ideas?

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
You can't. Mainly for security reasons.
Imagine that someone could just upload a playlist file that references files on your local system - you wouldn't want that to happen.

There are plans to have another way of importing already existent files, but that has not yet been implemented.

sodaboy581

I see. I wasn't going to allow anyone to upload a playlist or files anyway. Just wanted a huge gang of MP3 files in a playlist that could be controlled through the TeamSpeak channel.

Well, I look forward to the ability to do this in the future. Right now, I'm ghetto doing it through the old TS3 Soundboard plugin and WinAMP. (Which offers no control of the playlist in the channel.) Don't know if the TS3 Soundboard plugin, the one you also developed, allows control of it's native playlist through the channel, but I can't get my big playlist playing using the native playlist of Soundboard. Pretty much crashes instantly when you click play with a huge playlist. A smaller playlist is fine, but that won't do. ;)

Oh well, will just wait until there is a plugin or bot that can support M3U files with local files and allows for control. (Don't care for user upload support.)

Status
Not open for further replies.