• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved [NOT A BUG] youtube-dl slow download rate

Thanks irgendwer,
Sadly I still cant get it to work.

<16:12:37> "SinusBot": Downloading https/youtu.be/fbHbTBP_u7U?list=PLi9aGoG6Zc7be8IfX6WUP75qPdfxjV3_1
<16:12:39> "SinusBot": Download failed for https/youtu.be/fbHbTBP_u7U?list=PLi9aGoG6Zc7be8IfX6WUP75qPdfxjV3_1; exit status 1
Update your Youtube-DL and verify your logs < ./sinusbot >

How's the CPU usage when Youtube-DL downloading music with this new version? My VPS tends to use 100% while downloading and lags the music playback while it does that which is a bit annoying. By any chance this new version reduces the CPU usage of Youtube-DL?

Zeldri

As promised I looked into this and here's an interim version for linux that handles external programs like ytdl completely different and might solve the issues without needing an updated ytdl. Please be aware that this is a rather experimental release - should you have any issues with it, please let me know.

Also beware that you might need to revert any changes to your system you already did to fix the issue yourself (like the proposed workarounds).

It's working perfectly :D Thanks !

FluffyViperDE

If the information is already here in the thread. It came on 04.02.2018 an update since the bug is gone.

#At least with me!

The patch is working great! Just updated with the installation script, solved the downloading delay on the music! Very happy! It would be great if the cpu usage of it pulling music from Youtube be reduced or capped. It's using 100% of my VPS just to download music, don't really want it doing that since the cpu is shared with other customers on the host and it interferes with playback if a song is playing when I request a youtube song to be queued.

Dimarzio

Donor
is awesome!
So this is a little bit confusing for me, can anyone explain what is the solution for the slow downloading yt dll ?

1.- I need to update sinusbot ?
2.- I need to update the YT DLL
3.- I need to do some other steps ?

Sorry for the answer but maybe the answers you guys give me will help other ppl like me that didnt understand well.

So this is a little bit confusing for me, can anyone explain what is the solution for the slow downloading yt dll ?

1.- I need to update sinusbot ?
2.- I need to update the YT DLL
3.- I need to do some other steps ?

Sorry for the answer but maybe the answers you guys give me will help other ppl like me that didnt understand well.
Update or youtube-dl and SinusBot for 0.13 :)
YouTube DL update - Jan/2018 =)

iTaskmanager

Tier II
Tier III
Tier I
Insider
Code:
youtube-dl --update
Code:
sudo pip install --upgrade youtube-dl

Je nach dem, wie du es "installiert" hast.

iTaskmanager

Tier II
Tier III
Tier I
Insider
Wenn ich diese Befehle ausführe lädt YouTube Dl wieder in normale/schnelle Geschwindigkeit herunter?
Das kann ich dir nicht beantworten. Damit aktualisierst du lediglich deine YouTube-DL-Version. Es kann damit zusammenhängen, muss aber nicht.