• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Problem with installation

Hi, I'm trying to install Sinusbot on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS using the install script but I get this error:
Code:
Command which failed was: "su -c "wget https://www.sinusbot.com/dl/sinusbot.current.tar.bz2" $SINUSBOTUSER". Please try to execute it manually and attach the output to the bug report in the forum thread.
And when I try to execute the command manually, I get:
Code:
--2020-12-15 19:27:43--  https://www.sinusbot.com/dl/sinusbot.current.tar.bz2
Resolving www.sinusbot.com (www.sinusbot.com)... 104.28.15.74, 104.28.14.74, 172.67.132.160
Connecting to www.sinusbot.com (www.sinusbot.com)|104.28.15.74|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2020-12-15 19:27:44 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
I also tried the manual installation and I get the same error with "wget" command.
The wget command works for the Teamspeak installation and for other things but not for sinusbot link.

I also tried to transfer the installation file manually but I get this:
Code:
___ ___ _  _ _   _ ___ ___  ___ _____
/ __|_ _| \| | | | / __| _ )/ _ \_   _|
\__ \| || .` | |_| \__ \ _ \ (_) || |
|___/___|_|\_|\___/|___/___/\___/ |_|

Version: 1.0.0-beta.10-202ee4d
(C) 2013-2019 Michael Friese. All rights reserved.

a manual update is required
and I get no password, the URL to sinusbot web interface through the port 8087 does not work.

Thanks!

Last edited:

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Looks like your host's IP is blocked by Cloudflare, resulting in the 403 error.
  • cloudflare is showing a captcha page because your IP is marked as shady
You can try to solve the captcha (which can be a bit tricky on a VPS), but this should give you access again.

Looks like your host's IP is blocked by Cloudflare, resulting in the 403 error.

You can try to solve the captcha (which can be a bit tricky on a VPS), but this should give you access again.
I can't solve the captcha on my VPS, what can I do? I also tried to transfer the file manually but I get "a manually update is required"

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
I can't solve the captcha on my VPS, what can I do? I also tried to transfer the file manually but I get "a manually update is required"
Not much, since it an issue between your server's IP and cloudflare, so nothing to be done with sinusbot.
Assuming that issue being cleared, you can solve the "manual update" error with this.