• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN [REQUEST] Attendance checker + statistics for mmo-players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Hello there,

I'm guild master of huge World of Warcraft guild. We're playing together 4-5 days a week.
We're using events calendar in game, but... on every meeting we have to check who already came and who's not.

We're checking players attendance, adding it to google spreadsheets to generate raports after some longer time.
We have to track and see % of attendance of specyfic players, to chose which of them are worth to play with and who's simply slacking.

As far as I know, this is really common thing of many top world of warcraft (and other mmo's) and would be nice to have some easier solution to track that instead of spending 10-15 mins. each day to check everyone.

What if we could use bot for it? Would be great if someone could make something working like that:

1. Admin type a simple command to start tracking attendance for specyfic event (it could be idk.. event with specyfic name + current date).

2. Then, during that time... everyone (with specyfic server group ofc.) who join specyfic channel would be counted as
present.

3. After event ends, admin type another command to stop tracking for current event.

We would need some kind of database to keep those events and attendance as simple as possible, for ex.

Attendance for [EVENT XYZ] - 26.11.2016
Player1
Player2
Player3
etc.

Would be also nice if admin could check later specyfic events (whole list like above) or total number of Attendance for specyfic player during some period time.

There is also very important thing like tracking who didn't show up.. was not present.
So maybe when bot will check attendance would compare it with "full members list" or something .. ?

Sorry for my bad english ^^ I hope someone will accept that challange and save years of my life which I'm going to spend on tracking that damn attendance manually :p

This would be very well received among the MMO community. Unfortunately I don't have any scripting experience or I would attempt to create this myself. As far as I'm aware there is no support to write to file so I'm not sure how you would store/export the necessary data. The data would also need to be importable into something similar to Google Sheets or Excel for processing after the event has ended.

!attendance "event name" "channel id" start
  • Store (event name), (date), (start timestamp)
  • Bot scrapes users currently in "channel id" and begins listening for new events
  • User nicknames and uuids from the target channel are stored along with a first seen timestamp for each user
  • If a user leaves the channel, rejoins the channel, etc, record the event along with a timestamp

!attendance stop
  • The bot stops listening for channel events and creates an ending timestamp
  • Total time spent in the channel is calculated for each user
  • (Event name), (date), (start timestamp), (end timestamp) are exported
  • Following data fields are exported for each user: (uuid), (nickname), (join timestamp), (disconnect/rejoin/etc events), (total calculated time in channel)

Is something like this even possible to create using the SinusBot API?

Status
Not open for further replies.