Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN [Request] Operating System Group

Fellow

Helping Hand
Hello, is it possible to create a script in which the bot recognizes which system the user has and give a group for that?

Example:
John has Windows - the bot gives the group Windows (ID 70)
Mike has Linux - the bot gives the Linux group (ID 71)
David has MAC - the bot gives the MAC group (ID 72)

Thank you.

Relentless

Contributor
It is indeed possible and pretty easy too.
When do you want these groups to be assigned? When the clients join the server or maybe a channel?
We can talk about this, hit me up on Discord :)
Relentless#3812

DrWarpMan

Contributor
Insider
Hello, is it possible to create a script in which the bot recognizes which system the user has and give a group for that?

Example:
John has Windows - the bot gives the group Windows (ID 70)
Mike has Linux - the bot gives the Linux group (ID 71)
David has MAC - the bot gives the MAC group (ID 72)

Thank you.
Hey, can I ask, what is the point of adding that group, when you can check what OS does the client use without adding any group, using bot or script..?
I am just saying that it will be time consuming for the script creator (even though we are talking about minutes, but still), it will be just another useless thingy on your TS server. And in the end, what is the point of knowing you use (or like perhaps) using Linux, Windows or Mac? :D

My opinion, NOT an insult.

DrWarpMan

Contributor
Insider
Not sure if @Relentless already made it for you @Fellow, but since it is not here yet, I made it.
You can also add "ignored group IDs" (to ignore specific users with a specific group, like bots or anything).

It assigns the Windows, Linux, OS X group on client connection, and..

..also removes OS groups, that the client should not be in.
(Example: You connect on PC - Windows, get a Windows group, then you connect through Linux, so it removes Windows and assigns Linux.)

Soon on the forum's resources page.

Attachments

• osGroups.js
    4.3 KB · Views: 13

DrWarpMan

Contributor
Insider
On connection? Try again, there is a 10 second timeout at the script start.
/Also check instance log for errors, always./

Last edited: