• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

SinusBot Not Starting Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarD

Donor
is awesome!
Hello,

I've been Googling this problem and for some of the potential answers they're all in German or are just saying a certain library is missing.

I've already got Sinusbot working earlier. However, since an unexpected restart of the server (powerloss) I've been unable to get the bot up and running again.

I've received the following error message everytime I try to run the bot:
teamspeak@ts:/opt/ts3soundboard$ xinit /opt/ts3soundboard/ts3bot -- /usr/bin/Xvfb :1 -screen 0 800x600x16 -ac

[dix] Could not init font path element /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType, removing from list!
xinit: XFree86_VT property unexpectedly has 0 items instead of 1
Could not read configuration.
xinit: connection to X server lost

waiting for X server to shut down

My Server is running Debian 7.8, the Sinusbot was working perfectly earlier (it was running the latest version of Sinusbot since I recently just installed it). I've searched the internet for what could potentially be the problem however I'm not too sure which configuration it means it can't read (I'm assuming something related to X since the error before it is: xinit: XFree86_VT property unexpectedly has 0 items instead of 1). If anyone could shed some light on this problem and maybe help find a solution to it I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

StarD

Donor
is awesome!
As an update on what it's running on...

The server's a Debian 7.8 64-bit server. The server has 7 GB of RAM Free (since some of the other problem threads were stating this could be a potential issue).

I think some documentations suggests it could potentially be a problem with the teamspeak client, however from the error received I still think this is a problem related to the X server and not the execution of the client. XFree86_VT error mostly shows up when emulating the ubuntu desktop in crouton (executed on Google Chromebooks to use Ubuntu) and a handful of other devices.

Anyone have any ideas?

StarD

Donor
is awesome!
So... I found out what the problem is.

I WOULD LIKE TO STATE I'M THE MOST IDIOTIC PERSON ON THIS PLANET

With that out of the way. I found out what the problem is. I completely blanked I edited the config file to increase the maximum file size. Completely forgetting that whatever fundamental types the variables are (e.g. char, boolean, float, etc.) I set the UploadLimit variable to something ridiculous like 16 zeros at the end 83886080. No wonder it didn't understand this.

Haha I guess I should have taken the "Could not read configuration" error much more closely.

For anyone else who read this post and realized I went through a rollercoaster of emotions... Yeah... Please don't judge me.

Thanks to the developer of this great software and take care everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.