Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved ./sinusbot --override password doesn't work

Nojze

Don't tell me i haven't try to find this kind of post in the forum because i have.

I've seen in many other posts to follow this thread: https://forum.sinusbot.com/kb/what-is-the-default-username-and-password.2
I had, and yeah, i copied the code, changed the "newpassword" text and pressed enter.

Then what i get is the ./sinusbot text log, as you can see in this screenshot:
https://gyazo.com/aa51f8651f6d77fc74c1864adb5dbc23 (it's a gif, so i couldn't use the image option)
I get the plain text log of when you just type ./sinusbot, and i suppose i should get some text message saying that the password has been changed.
I though that it may be programmed to not send out any text message sending the text "password has been changed" but i tried to login in my sinusbot website but i couldn't use the password i wrote down in the override-password command.

I'm using the override-password command because from the start, the first password i got when i first wrote ./sinusbot didn't work, so i though i could change the password by using this method but it didn't work out.

I'm using an Ubuntu 16.04 x64 VPS, any ideas of what the error might be?

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
any ideas of what the error might be
In that gif the bot is not starting at all (cause your bot is already running). Shut it down, start with the override option, log in, change your password, stop the bot and restart normally.

Alfredo Lima Verde

Helping Hand
If you have some notion (which you don't seem to have) it iswritten that the Panel is online then you would do thefollowing
Code:
service sinusbot stop
cd /opt/sinusbot
su sinusbot
./sinusbot -override-password=YourPassword
Now you will give CTRL + C and give
Code:
service sinusbot start

Nojze

In that gif the bot is not starting at all (cause your bot is already running). Shut it down, start with the override option, log in, change your password, stop the bot and restart normally.
You're a fucking god.