• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Song not downloading

Koxee

Hey, does anyone know why when i do !yt and the link i get a message from the bot saying it will download the song but it never starts playing?

Runningcore

Contributor
Hey, does anyone know why when i do !yt and the link i get a message from the bot saying it will download the song but it never starts playing?
Does this happens on any youtube link?
Does the bot responds with another message with an error message?
What is listed in "Upload" Section in the music menu of the bot?

Koxee

If i run youtube-dl from the Local Disk (C) it just opens me a CMD console and closes after few seconds, also tried the !yt command again and still does not work..

Runningcore

Contributor
If i run youtube-dl from the Local Disk (C) it just opens me a CMD console and closes after few seconds, also tried the !yt command again and still does not work..
Please run it from cmd and check the output.

Runningcore

Contributor
open a CMD window and launch it like with a command like: C:\<path>\<to>\<ytdl>\youtube-dl.exe

Runningcore

Contributor
o_O really, u need to use your path to the location where you installed / located your youtube-dl.exe

ChrisxS

Hello,
i got exactly the same problem, it says downloading but on the "Upload" section it says that youtube-dl isn't available.
Someone got an idea to fix it ?