• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Trouble installing via SSH on a "WebHost"

Guys, first of all, I would like to say that I know this is not the correct use scenario of SinusBot. That said, I expect no one come blame me and say "you are on outdated system"/"it wont work".

Now let's get to it.

I've got this server from a hosting company with their own(probably not) version of linux(also, i'm not really familiar with linux, but i'm working on it) which I have SSH access to. The brand majority of bash commands are limited, so no apt-get/yum, read-only access to system files/folders.

Bash:
wsbot711@siteground366 [~/sinusbot]# uname -a
Linux siteground366.com 3.12.18-clouder0 #20 SMP Mon Feb 26 12:15:53 EET 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

System: clouder0 x86_64
SinusBot folder = "/home/wsbot711/sinusbot/"
TS3 folder = "/home/wsbot711/sinusbot/TS3/"

Still, I have installed TS3 and configured Sinusbot via SSH(manually since the automated script will just fail). Then when I try to run sinusbot, it fails (I was expecting it tho).
The error is this:
Bash:
./sinusbot: error while loading shared libraries: libswresample.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
But libswresample is on the same folder as sinusbot... So I did this:

Bash:
wsbot711@siteground366 [~/sinusbot]# LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/wsbot711/sinusbot/"
wsbot711@siteground366 [~/sinusbot]# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
wsbot711@siteground366 [~/sinusbot]# ./sinusbot

And again... New error:
Bash:
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./sinusbot)
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./sinusbot)
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/wsbot711/sinusbot/libavfilter.so.6)
./sinusbot: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /home/wsbot711/sinusbot/libavformat.so.57)
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/wsbot711/sinusbot/libavformat.so.57)
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/wsbot711/sinusbot/libavcodec.so.57)
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/wsbot711/sinusbot/libavutil.so.55)

This time, I tought I could overhide the default libs, since i've already redirected the default searching folder to the sinus folder. I downloaded a few files which contained libc with a version bigger than the required(looks like it is 14, from the error). And "glibc-2.27-8.mga7.x86_64" was the one I selected. Unpacked on the folder only the libc.so.6, and looked like it helped, because after running sinusbot the error changed... Asked about individual other libraries from glib which was outdated at /lib64/.
By asked I mean that it threw errors like the first one in this topic, but I could not reproduce it again... That's why I didnt post it here.

So, then I updated all those individual libs onto sinusfolder, and the error got back to be the same.

Bash:
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./sinusbot)
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./sinusbot)
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/wsbot711/sinusbot/libavfilter.so.6)
./sinusbot: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /home/wsbot711/sinusbot/libavformat.so.57)
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/wsbot711/sinusbot/libavformat.so.57)
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/wsbot711/sinusbot/libavcodec.so.57)
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/wsbot711/sinusbot/libavutil.so.55)

So I downloaded "lib64zlib1-1.2.8-7.1.mga5.x86_64", unpacked "libz.so.1" from it, moved into the sinus folder, and the libz.so.1 missing information error is gone, with a new libc.so.6 error.

Bash:
./sinusbot: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/wsbot711/sinusbot/libz.so.1)

From here, I dont really got anything else to try. But as a programmer, I can think on a way of this happening: sinusbot is not searching for libraries on the current folder by default, it is going directly to the lib64 skipping my updated libraries.

Is there a way to force Sinusbot to search on the local directories? I mean not only on userside but on development side: make the program search so it can be instaled on this kind of equipment(i'm sure i'm not the only one wanting to accomplish this).

Perhaps it is not Sinus whos doing this, it can be the included libraries. Where is the source of those libraries? Isn't there any updated version of those? I've tryied replacing those libraries to another but could find the correct one according to my architeture/linux version/sinusbot.

Well, if anyone could give me a light on anything to try out, keep a reply here and i'll try it for sure.

And if i'm doing it completely wrong, tell me why it is wrong so I can understand why it will not work, instead of calling me names.

Thanks

Oh, i've just saw the diagSinus script on this forum. Since I do not have root, I could not execute it completely. I bypassed the root check and it gave me that I need to install some packages. Is those packages needed to the diag script or needed to sinus?
Bash:
bc binutils coreutils lsb-release util-linux net-tools curl
If I download those binaries and put on the same folder as the script, will it work "correctly"?

I'll try it later on.