• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Bug youtube-dl; file not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

psukys

Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04
SinusBot Version: 0.9.18-8499d2c
TS3 Version: 3.0.18.2
Youtube-dl Version: 2017.05.01

Problem Description
After extensively using youtube-dl commands, bot responds with Download failed ...; file not found

Debugging
Tried to find something to catch on, but in general there wasn't much verbosity, so I wrote a simple wrapper for youtube-dl - a bash script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
youtube-dl $* | tee -a /var/log/sinusbot/ytdl.log

The log only shows the successful calls and whenever the error starts showing up, the log is no longer appended.

When the failing (file not found errors come up) starts, the bot log says:
Code:
2017-05-03T17:02:49+02:00 youtube-dlquit
2017-05-03T17:02:49+02:00 Downloading via ytdl (Speed: %d bps, Size: %d b): %s => %s1048576000 4194304000https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJYooW6BsWU/opt/sinusbot/data/tmp/f03f7da4c033437b8105e60fd1694c92

Last edited:
I had the same problem and i view several others posts with this error "file not found" and with solutions.
But my problem is not the same, if i manually use no problem, and i have place the option force ipv4 (and desactivate ipv6) and my youtube-dl is up-to-date.

So i have tried to know what is my problem, i have launched download a youtube video and i have pass "ps all > infos" to save the complete console command of the execution of youtube-dl with full parameters in file.
I have execute the complete command with all parameters and i have found MY problem ...

It was for me the parameter "--max-filesize 1024" :
[download] File is larger than max-filesize (3016874 bytes > 1024 bytes). Aborting.

I verify my config.ini and yes the "MaxDownloadSize" of section [YoutubeDL] was "1024", but it's strange i didn't modify recently and in the past it works ...
So i increased the value of "MaxDownloadSize" and my problem is solved.

Perhaps you have the same problem, so i write here my problem and how i have solved it, i hope that can help you too. :)

psukys

I had the same problem and i view several others posts with this error "file not found" and with solutions.
But my problem is not the same, if i manually use no problem, and i have place the option force ipv4 (and desactivate ipv6) and my youtube-dl is up-to-date.

So i have tried to know what is my problem, i have launched download a youtube video and i have pass "ps all > infos" to save the complete console command of the execution of youtube-dl with full parameters in file.
I have execute the complete command with all parameters and i have found MY problem ...

It was for me the parameter "--max-filesize 1024" :
[download] File is larger than max-filesize (3016874 bytes > 1024 bytes). Aborting.

I verify my config.ini and yes the "MaxDownloadSize" of section [YoutubeDL] was "1024", but it's strange i didn't modify recently and in the past it works ...
So i increased the value of "MaxDownloadSize" and my problem is solved.

Perhaps you have the same problem, so i write here my problem and how i have solved it, i hope that can help you too. :)
Hey, thanks for your response, I've checked the configuration and it has pretty high (500 MB). Additionally, the problem was not within youtubedl, but with sinusbot itself that it stops communicating with youtubedl executable

Status
Not open for further replies.