• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

youtube-dl problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienSr1

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me on this even the issue is not related to the bot.

For some reason youtube-dl started being extremely slow when downloading from youtube a while ago (soundcloud for example works fine).
Now it takes youtube-dl around 2 minutes to complete the download (by using cmd or via the bot interface).
The download itself does not seem to be the problem though, it's completed in under 5s. "Downloading webpage" and the other steps before and after the download itself take a long time.

Strange thing, this problem only exists when running youtube-dl on my server (windows server 2012) but not when running it on my main pc (win10). As far as I know i did not change anything on my server, apart from the automatic updates.

Any ideas are appreciated.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Maybe you hit some kind of limitation there. :)

AlienSr1

Yeah thats what I guessed too, but my server and pc run on the same ipv4, the ipv6 is different obviously so maybe youtube checks that.

Status
Not open for further replies.