• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

youtube-dl unrecognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Operating System: Windows / Linux
SinusBot Version: 0.9.16
TS3 Version: 3.0.19.4
Windows: Windows Server 2016 Essentials

Problem Description
Moved my bots from a Windows 2012 server to 2016 and now sinusbot does not appear to recognize youtube-dl properly. When I run SinusBot I get this in my log:

Code:
2017/01/29 05:19:30 [GENERAL/YTDL  ] INFO  youtube-dl autodetected
2017/01/29 05:19:30 [GENERAL/YTDL  ] INFO  youtube-dl checking...
2017/01/29 05:19:30 exit status 3221225781 youtube-dl not found

I've tried running SinusBot with admin and setting youtube-dl to always use admin. If SinusBot isn't run with admin when youtube-dl is using admin I get this in the log:

Code:
2017/01/29 05:19:55 [GENERAL/YTDL  ] INFO  youtube-dl autodetected
2017/01/29 05:19:55 [GENERAL/YTDL  ] INFO  youtube-dl checking...
2017/01/29 05:19:55 fork/exec C:\SinusBot\youtube-dl.exe: The requested operation requires elevation. youtube-dl not found

Does anyone have any ideas of what I might need to look for, maybe something is blocking python from working? Any help would be appreciated!

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
and setting youtube-dl to always use admin
Don't do that, youtube-dl as well as TS and the bot DON'T need admin privileges - so NEVER EVER run those things as admin as it would only compromise the security of your OS.
In fact, changing that like you did with youtube-dl will not run it as admin by default, but rather require it to be run as admin all the time - which will then fail when you start the bot as non-admin, as it has no rights to run other stuff as admin.

Most issues with the bot on Windows occur for people who changed the "require admin" or "enable compatibility mode" settings to "on". Again: never do any of that, please :)

I only ran anything as admin to try and debug the problem. I'm not running anything as admin now, nor was I before I realized there was a problem.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
The requested operation requires elevation.
This message shows that somehow ytdl is setup to require admin or - not quite sure about it - that this 'downloaded from the Internet, sure' message is to be displayed. In the latter case try to run ytdl once manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.