Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Youtube Download not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Hey All,

I have recently installed the yt-dl plugin using the tutorial listed on this site. The music bot recognises it fine and shows compatible version of youtube-dl.

The youtube dl plugin is working fine as i have tried it using putty. However when using !yt or !ytdl from team speak or from within the url option on the website. The youtube client seems to quit and i cant find out what's causing it. (Is there a certain port that it needs etc? )

2015/08/12 09:07:58 cd290b4f 5db0ab73 INFO CHAT 1 [admin @ Adrian] < !yt Removed Youtube link > / OK
2015/08/12 09:08:01 cd290b4f DEBUG youtube-dlquit

It doesn't matter what video and i can use putty to download it fine. . Loving the bot and so are my users.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Many thanks

Adrian

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Hey,

which Bot version you have?

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Confirmed:

<15:29:06> "Xuxe": !yt URL
<15:29:06> "Housetime": Downloading URL

Bot log:

2015-08-12T15:24:07+02:00 youtube-dlquit
2015-08-12T15:29:43+02:00 youtube-dlquit
2015-08-12T15:29:49+02:00 youtube-dlquit
2015-08-12T15:31:09+02:00 youtube-dlquit

@flyth am 09.08 ging es noch :eek: (Keine Änderungen am Host gemacht.)

Adrian

0.9.8 I believe, I did run the update command and none was found so if that is not the latest version then Lord knows.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Could you please do a manual test with youtube-dl and upgrade it if necessary?
What's your hoster?

(sorry for the German spam before, mixed it up ;))

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
A Instance reboot has fixed it.
Hoster is: deinserverhost on OpenVZ

Adrian

Instance reboot has not fixed it for me however.

Hoster is Deepnetsolutions.com OpenVZ (Dont think it is a CPU/RAM issue)

youtube-dl works fine when I don't have the bot running. If I do have the music bot running it seems to not work and disconnects the bot from Teamspeak. ( Doesn't close the screen or process, Just disconnects the bot)

It will only disconnect the bot if using youtube-dl through putty. If using it on the website or through Teamspeak it just fails to work.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
<blockquote>If I do have the music bot running it seems to not work and disconnects the bot from Teamspeak. ( Doesn't close the screen or process, Just disconnects the bot)
</blockquote>

That doesn't sound good at all. Sounds like it is a RAM issue. How much does your server have?

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
My Server has 2,2 GB RAM. I checked the load. Memory load was at 60%.
Approximately 800 MB were free.

As I said a restart helped me, maybe it was just a temporary problem. I watch it.

256MB is really little. I think you should upgrade to at least 1 GB of Memory.

Dj_av

there is a command to fix it
i cant find the command back because the command i posted the topic on got closed and i cant find it back
anyway, a guy in the sinusbot irc helped me out it was 1 simple command in the cmd panel
his name was edgvd something

Adrian

Well any help is appreciated although i gave up as I assumed it was a ram issue . I cant find anything even remotely similar to Sinusbot irc. So cant search for it on their myself.

You mentioned CMD. It should be obvious with the amount of RAM but this is a linux box not windows :)

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Hey,

how much memory have you now?

<blockquote>It should be obvious with the amount of RAM but this is a linux box not windows</blockquote>

That does not matter whether Windows or Linux on Linux can lead also to memory problems.

Adrian

<blockquote>Hey,
how much memory have you now?
That does not matter whether Windows or Linux on Linux can lead also to memory problems.</blockquote>

Oh no I only mentioned that because of the "CMD" . I assumed he thought it was a windows box. Not saying Linux doesn't run into problems. .

Adrian

Just want to update and say that it will work sometimes and others not. ( Nothing else running on the container and ram and CPU usage stay the same.from what i can tell by using HTOP.). So very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.