• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Couldnt contact update server

nevaring

Hi, i have a Windows Server VPS, and i start my sinusbot and send me this message couldnt contact update server
My ip public in this VPS is: 35.225.6.244

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
The "could not contact update server" error most likely results from your IP getting blacklisted. This can have multiple reasons:
  • You have been running multiple Sinusbot processes on your server (to run more than 2 instances of the bot)
  • You are sharing your IP with someone else, who is doing the above.
  • Someone already did that with the IP your currently having.

hey @TwentyFour. i think i'm blacklisted for the three reason. Because I just bought my Debian server a few weeks ago and started installing sinusbot a few days ago. is it possible to unlock it?
it's just really stupid not to be able to do anything because of someone else...

nevaring

The "could not contact update server" error most likely results from your IP getting blacklisted. This can have multiple reasons:
  • You have been running multiple Sinusbot processes on your server (to run more than 2 instances of the bot)
  • You are sharing your IP with someone else, who is doing the above.
  • Someone already did that with the IP your currently having.
Can u desban me?