• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Bug [Discord] No music.

umm, don't want to be a party pooper! but just tried beta.8 and it does play via the web interface (nice!), but I've having trouble getting it to process commands from the discord chat line. (could just be me). I've tried with bound identity and server-group bind, but no joy. The bot does see the command that are typed such as !play, but does not process them.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
umm, don't want to be a party pooper! but just tried beta.8 and it does play via the web interface (nice!), but I've having trouble getting it to process commands from the discord chat line. (could just be me). I've tried with bound identity and server-group bind, but no joy. The bot does see the command that are typed such as !play, but does not process them.
whoops, looks like @flyth forgot to add the new sinusbot-commands script and I didn't notice.
This is a test release after all so issues are to be expected ;)

Fix:
  1. Stop/Close SinusBot
  2. Download "sinusbot-commands.js" into your Script folder (default is C:/SinusBot/scripts): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SinusBot/scripts/master/default-attached/sinusbot-commands.js
  3. Download "command.js" into your Script folder (default is C:/SinusBot/scripts): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Multivit4min/Sinusbot-Command/master/command.js
  4. Be sure to save both as ".js" files and NOT as ".txt", otherwise it will not work. See screenshot below.
  5. Restart your SinusBot.
When downloading, save as .js and not .txt, as shown below.
1571667088207.png

Last edited:

DMC_Multigaming

:( I have the same problem. Nothing has worked so far and I have reinstalled sinusbot, made a new instance, removed and readded the bot, changed the server region, rebooted my pc, disabled my firewall... It just sits there in vc but stays silent.
I got the same Problem and really dont know how to fix it :C

I got the same Problem and really dont know how to fix it :C
Assuming you are running on Windows and you have downloaded the .Beta8 version (note the previous version wont now work with discord, due to an api change). If you have beta8 installed, then did you also download and install the two script files (posted a few links above) sinusbot-commands.js and command.js and put them into the default sinusbot scripts folder and restarted the bot? if not then the bot will not accept any commands from discord. (but will play via the web-interface), If you have done these steps then you need to check to make sure you have bound the bot instance to either a user identity or a server-group identity.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider