• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

clientIPAddress is not working

xDefcon

Contributor
Hello, I'm the author of AntiProxy,
Today a user reported an issue with the script and this is the reason for this post.

The issue:
The bot is not able to retrieve the IP Address of any client (client.getIPAddress() returning an empty string) and the event "clientIPAddress" is never fired. Yes, the bot has Server Admin group and the relative b_client_remoteaddress_view permission.

I was not able to replicate on my own instances of SinusBot but the issue is happening on a hosting version of SinusBot, here the details:
SinusBot version: 1.0.0-beta.9-ade310f-hosting
TeamSpeak client version: 3.3.2 [Stable] Linux
TeamSpeak server version: 3.9.1 Linux

What could be the cause? Could it be related to the "hosting" version of the bot?

Thanks.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Getting IP addresses is a privilege thing, so it is most likely that... :)

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Yes, the bot has Server Admin group and the relative b_client_remoteaddress_view permission.
Ah, missed that on first read. Maybe it is still blocked... regarding Hosting version: no differences there.

xDefcon

Contributor
Ah, missed that on first read. Maybe it is still blocked... regarding Hosting version: no differences there.
The bot has the same server groups I have (Server Admin), I am able to see clients' addresses when I click on connection info, the bot is not. The problem is not present on hosting version .beta6 (don't know if that could be helpful).

What do you mean by "it is still blocked"? How can i troubleshoot in a better way?

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Hmm, did you test it on beta.9 (non hosting) as well? I’ll have to check if there were any changes.,,

xDefcon

Contributor
Hmm, did you test it on beta.9 (non hosting) as well? I’ll have to check if there where any changes.,,
Nope, would that be helpful to you? Could it also be caused by the TS client version the bot is running?