Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN [REQUEST] Voting for songs system / Toplist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Hey,
I don't know if that would be possible, but would be cool if someone could make something like that:

1) Users could type !vote to vote for current playing song

2) Command !toplist would show on chat the resoults like "top 20 tracks" for example:
Current top X tracks:
1. Something - 9 votes
2. Something else - 5 votes
3. Another song - 4 votes
etc.

How many tracks toplist would collect could be configurable from panel by seting number from idk.. 10 to 30 ?

And... how about auto-update playlist from current toplist ? Ofc. with correct order depends on votes :>

+ we could need option to reset votes or to make it automatic after "some time"

Anyway Idk if thats possible, its just an idea.

Raphraph

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
if that would be possible
So this is possible:
  • !vote
  • !toplist
  • a script which count votes
  • setting how many tracks are saved
  • option to reset (like a command)
This is possible with some tricks:
  • auto-updating the current playlist
BUT:
What do you exactly mean with "updating" current playlist? Removing songs which don't have any votes? Or just playing the songs with the most votes more than other songs?

EDIT:
I think you meant with correct order... :) Just read again your post ^^

Raphraph

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Okay i thought a little bit about this, it's actually possible but the problem is that I do not see any advantage of reordering the playlist :)
Because if you are not in shuffle mode, the bot will play any of the songs from the beginning to the end, but if you order from best to worst, the last songs will be the hated ones?
So I'm currently writing a script which will do following:
- counting votes for tracks
- reordering the playlist, so admins can see the actual loved track at the beginning of the playlist in the web-interface
- randomly playing the songs BUT counting in the votes. So a track which has 10 votes has 10 times more chances to be played than a track without any vote.
- be able to auto-reset the votes after a defined amount of time

Red

Hey! Thanks for your respond.
When I was writing this idea I thought about collecting votes from default playlist (or anything else) which contain many tracks (doesn't matter how many), and count/collect ~20-30 songs with highest number of votes, which would automaticly goes to playlist named for example "toplist". Lets say it could work like that: When the default playlist is playing, people can vote for tracks and script automaticly update playlist named "toplist". After bot admin type !playtop = bot starts playing current "toplist" and until it finish "voting" could be disabled.

To make it more exciting bot could announce (on chat) something like:

Number 30: Name of the song..

Number 29: Name of the song..

Etc. on each song start

After "toplist" playing is finished, it comes back to play default one and endabe voting again. Ofc. without any reset of the votes. That would require additional command like "!topreset"

Last edited:

Raphraph

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
When I was writing this idea I thought about collecting votes from default playlist (or anything else) which contain many tracks (doesn't matter how many), and count/collect ~20-30 songs with highest number of votes, which would automaticly goes to playlist named for example "toplist". Lets say it could work like that: When the default playlist is playing, people can vote for tracks and script automaticly update playlist named "toplist". After bot admin type !playtop = bot starts playing current "toplist" and until it finish "voting" could be disabled.

Etc. on each song start

After "toplist" playing is finished, it comes back to play default one and endabe voting again. Ofc. without any reset of the votes. That would require additional command like "!topreset"
Could write a script like that too ^^ :) But writing the one described above first :D

Raphraph

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider

Etc. on each song start

Okay :) So I wrote the script (https://forum.sinusbot.com/resources/toptracks-auto-play.64/) I thaught about first (explained above)...
I will look for some free-time to code the script you want too! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.