• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

3.1.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyK

Operating System: Windows / Linux
SinusBot Version: 0.9.x
TS3 Version: 3.x.x

Problem Description
I've got an amazing suggestion. Update to 3.1! Its stable now, no need to use some outdated client.

Code:
Paste output of the diagnostic tool in here, if possible.

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Operating System: Windows / Linux
SinusBot Version: 0.9.x
TS3 Version: 3.x.x

Problem Description
I've got an amazing suggestion. Update to 3.1! Its stable now, no need to use some outdated client.

Code:
Paste output of the diagnostic tool in here, if possible.

What do you mean with "it is stable now"?

Do you mean the 3.1 TS client? Ofcourse that one is stable, its stable since months. The reason there is no 3.1 sinusbot till now is not an unstable TS3 client, its more the fact that it is alot of work to update the core bot for the new client to still use all features.

So why don't you take your freetime and just update the bot to work under 3.1? Mh? And meanwhile, while you are doing that, I will bug you every day with "Just update to 3.1 allready!!! Its stable!".

Btw the 3.1 Bot is in alpha since weeks and will be released soon™ if nothing goes horrible wrong. Atleast thats what I understood from flyth (the Sinusbot dev) in the last days. Otherwise it's ready when it's ready...

Last edited:

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
The old .dll wouldn't work out of the box anyhow - if it would (and were that simple), I'd have already released a compatible version by now.
There have been some major changes that needed to be addressed, but as @Diesmon said, the compatible version is now in internal testing.

However, as I stated many times before: as the 3.1.x client doesn't provide any new features the bot would use and the most recent 3.0.x version doesn't have any known security issues (that I'm aware of), I don't see a reason for rushing here. Upgrading to 3.1, especially on Linux (with all its various supported distributions), needs more libraries to be installed / other manual steps to be taken care of, which requires thorough testing / preparation, as it would otherwise lead to many new support requests and waste time I'd rather spend on other functionality.

It would've been nice, if you had at least read the other threads about that topic where I already said most of what I posted now...

Status
Not open for further replies.