• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

A lot of TS processes and high memory usage over time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammar

My VPS specs:
1 vCore (i7 4.0-4.7 GHz)

1 GB DDR4 (ECC 2400 MHz)

1 GB SWAP

100 Mbps connection (1 Gbps Burst)

Debian 8 64 Bit

Hi,
The sinusbot seems to use a lot of RAM and there are a lot of same processes running simultaneously. After 3-4 days, 90% RAM is used up by Sinusbot and there is no way to fix it other than the VPS restart. After VPS restart, the RAM usage is normal and it gradually keeps on increasing over time. Here is the screenshot ;

upload_2017-8-29_22-4-0.png

In the above screenshot, you can clearly see that TS3 client(which is controlled by SInusbot) is using a lot of RAM (nearly 1 GB) and there are a lot of processes. I am using 2 instances so IMO, I should be getting 2 processes but the screenshot says it otherwise.

P.S. I am using the downgraded TS client 3.0.18.2

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Those are two processes with a couple of threads, listed individually. Using that much RAM is rather uncommon, but sadly very hard to debug :/
What scripts are you using?

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
I am not using any script. I am just using 2 instances with YT-DL :(

Output of
Code:
free -m
?
Is youtube-dl currently active (streaming, youtube playlist) ?
I have seen youtube-dl instances with >= 256 MB memory just for youtube-dl.

And again - the VIRT table is just the maximal possible memory consumption allowed by the kernel.
The RES means the current used memory for you it's there at 200 MB for all processes.

Edit: Please provide also a FULL output of (as root user) :
Code:
 ps aux

Last edited:

Ammar

Youtube-dl becomes active when the next song has to be played in the playlist. Both bots are currently streaming the playlist using yt-dl.

Here's the output for free -m,

upload_2017-8-30_0-28-17.png

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Youtube-dl becomes active when the next song has to be played in the playlist. Both bots are currently streaming the playlist using yt-dl.

Here's the output for free -m,

Thx, please provide the output of my edit also. :)
Would it be possible to become ssh accesss to your system for debugging? (When via PN!)

Ammar

Here's the output for your edit.
upload_2017-8-30_0-46-8.png

And yes of course you can have the ssh access to my server for debugging. Check your PM!

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Hi,

as already thought the memory usage looks like normal:

upload_2017-8-29_21-58-2.png

The two TS processes + youtube dl and all other stuff like apache consuming the 1GB of memory.

Ammar

So basically the problem is with my VPS? and the only solution is to restart the VPS every week?

Status
Not open for further replies.