• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Feature Auto assign permissions when a user registers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade97

Operating System: Linux
SinusBot Version:
TS3 Version: 3.0.19.4

Feature Requested:
I apologize if this does already exist somehow, but I've looked as far as I could and haven't seen a way to do it yet. It would be great if there was a feature that automatically assigned certain permissions for a user when they use the !register command. I realize you can bind an account with said permissions to an entire usergroup, but I would much rather each individual user to have to register.

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
>wants to auto assign permissions to a user when they use a command called !register
>doesn't want to have a server group containing said permissions
>user doesn't realize they are literally asking what they said they don't want

You're saying you want permissions to be auto assigned to a user, yet you don't want to use a servergroup which is better and more efficient to do. Why bother having users go through the extra step of entering a command instead of having a common user group most would have with the appropriate bot permissions? Why is it important that you'd rather have anyone who wants to have bot permissions enter !register?

Jade97

I would rather it done this way so each user has their own login information for the web panel. If I did this with a server group with the permissions I want, each user would have to share a login.

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
Providing more information and being specific is the best way to understand what you're asking.

Are you requesting that each user is able to send a command to the bot, then automatically gain permissions to the web panel? If so, then what you're asking isn't possible.

!register is already a built in command for the bot and allows a user to create an account for the bot, but it requires you to assign the permissions.

Jade97

I am requesting a way to set the default permission a user gets when they register, instead of just none of them. I know !register is already a command, and I would like it so that when a user does !register, they are automatically given assigned permissions. This way, the registering process is completely seamless, and doesn't require someone with user editing privileges to assign said permissions to that user manually. Again, I know you can assign a panel account to an entire servergroup, but there is no way to assign a servergroup to a client when they !register; that's why I would like to set the default permissions that a user is given when they register.

Status
Not open for further replies.